5

Juliet silently bounced her pen up and down against the edge of the table where she sat along the water front at a local cafe in Lyon, France.

She had a few lyrics scribbled down on the page as she sipped her coffee. A slight breeze blew across the river causing her blonde hair to blow back over her shoulder.

"I know the other girls wanna wear expensive things, like diamond rings. But I don't wanna be the puppet that you're playing on a string.
This queen don't need a king." Juliet sang softly as she tapped her finger to the melody she had made up in her head.

She knew a couple of lines of lyrics were a long way off becoming a song but it was start for her new album that was scheduled to be finished in early Autumn.

The blonde girl closed over her song book and slipped the clip of the pen to the cover page to keep herself from loosing it. She dropped her book into the bag that sat at her feet before finishing up her coffee.

She paid the waiter for the coffee and croissant she consumed while she was there before grabbing her bag and taking a walk along the river.

As she strolled along the path away, the window caught her hair and blew it back as she walked. The sound of her phone ringing in her bag caught her attention causing her to stop and take it out.

"Hello?" Juliet spoke down the phone as she started to walk again.

"Hello. Where in the world are you today?" He replied causing her to laugh slightly.

"Depends." Juliet teased simply as she brushed her long blonde hair behind her ear.

"On what exactly?" The formula one driver questioned.

"Where you are?" She told him. She gave the old couple who walked past her a wave as she waited for his response.

"Uncle Daniel." The voice of his nephew could be heard in the background as the little boy jumped on his uncle's back.

"Does that answer your question? I'm in Australia." Daniel replied as he lifted the little boy onto his lap as he continued to speak to the singer. "And you?"

"Walking along the banks of the River Rhône." Juliet spoke with her French accent thickening as she named the river.

"I'm gonna assume that's in France." Daniel said with a small laugh causing Juliet to giggle at the confusion in his voice.

"You assumed right. I'm in Lyon." The blonde confirmed as she turned away from the walkway and towards the street to get a taxi home.

"Only 14,000 km away." The Renault driver spoke which caused Juliet to smile.

"You looked it up?" She wondered with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"I was curious." Daniel replied and she knew by the tone of his voice he was smiling like always.

"Curiosity killed the cat." The French girl reminded him as she held her free arm out to try and hail a taxi.

"Hey." Daniel exclaimed causing her to laugh as a taxi pulled over.

"I have to go, I'm getting into a taxi. I'll talk to you later." Juliet spoke as she reached to open the back door of the taxi.

"See you in Shanghai?" He wondered with a hopeful tone evident in his voice.

"If you're lucky. Bye Daniel." Juliet replied with a smile before hanging up the phone and getting into the back of the taxi. She gave the driver her address and sat back and watched the city of Lyon pass by.

—————