19

Summer break ended and Pierre had spent his final week off work with the Toro Rosso teaming doing a new seat fitting and getting everything ready for the Belgium Grand Prix.

"How's he holding up?" Anthoine wondered as the brother and sister entered the paddock on the Friday in Spa.

"I don't know. He's been pretty quiet since he found out and that was almost 2 weeks ago." Juliet replied and it was clear to Anthoine and everyone else that was upset.

"Jules listen. This is tough for him and it's gonna be raw for the first few races. But the best thing you can do is be there for him when he needs you." Anthoine explained as he wrapped a comforting arm around his little sister's shoulder. "Now go see him."

"Are you sure? I feel bad leaving you." Juliet told him as they arrived at the entrance of the support paddock which was in the middle of the actual paddock

"Juliet. Go." Anthoine said as he pushed his in the direction of the Red Bull motorhome.

"Okay. Okay. I'm going." The blonde replied as she started to walk away. "I love you."

"I love you too. Now go." He spoke with a smile which she returned before walking away in search of her boyfriend.

—————

Juliet watched both of the Formula One practices from the Toro Rosso garage with Pyry, Pierre's performance coach, and then the couple went on to watch Anthoine's qualifying session that evening.

"Pierre." Juliet spoke as the pair walked from the pit-lane towards the paddock after the F2 qualifying was over.

"Yeh?" Pierre replied after a moment of staring into space.

"Are you okay?" The singer wondered as they walked towards the Red Bull motorhome at the top of the paddock.

"Prove them wrong." Pierre said catching her off guard.

"What?" Juliet asked feeling confused.

Pierre grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the busy section of the paddock and down in between two buildings away from all the people and media.

"Prove them wrong. That's what Anthoine told me when he found out I lost my seat at Red Bull. He texted me in the airport on our way home from Barcelona. He told me to prove them wrong and show them I deserve that top seat." Pierre explained as he stood in front of Juliet who had her back rested against the wall of the building behind her.

"Pierre." Juliet sighed. She didn't really now what else to say to him.

"You wanna know something Jules. I think this was meant to happen. I feel different. I feel like I have something to prove now and I'm going to do it. Not just to Christian and Helmut but to myself. And I want you by my side when I do." He told her.

"I'm always by your side." Juliet assured him before leaning forward and placing a kiss on his lips. "Forever and always."

"Thank you." Pierre said with a smile before pulling her into a tight hug. He breathed in the smell of her familiar and comforting perfume as her hair tickled his nose.

He felt like he could do anything as long as he hand Juliet by his side. She was his rock through all of this and he didn't know if he could've coped with this sudden and unexpected change without her.

The pair pulled away from their hug and walked back into the main section of the paddock. They walked back towards Red Bull's motorhome with their hands connected and swinging back and forth as they talked.

—————

Juliet lay awake that night. She turned over on her side to face her boyfriend who had been sound asleep for hours now.

Her mind was racing. She thought about everything that had happened in the last few weeks with Pierre being moved back to Toro Rosso and Alex being moved to Red Bull.

She was glad Pierre had opened up to her earlier today after almost 2 weeks of being cold and distant about the topic of his Formula One seat which she did expect.

She was proud of him for rising to the challenge and not letting his demotion affect his drive. He drove brilliantly today and she hoped he could turn it into a good qualifying tomorrow, well technically today.

Juliet then started to think about her knee album and the songs that lay in her song book in her bag at the bottom of the bed.

A new album meant a new tour and that would mean months on the road away from both Pierre and Anthoine, most likely missing most if not all of their races next year.

Her album was due in just 4 days meaning that the label would have to review everything and then decide on when and where they wanted her to tour.

She reached out and used her hand to gently stroke her boyfriend's cheek as to not wake him up. The feeling of his stubble was dominate but she could still feel the soft skin underneath.

The thought of leaving Pierre again after finally getting him all to herself was eating away inside her. She didn't know what the future held for either of them but she was damn well sure she wanted him to be apart of her's and hoped that he felt the same way.

She let her hand fall by her side and eventually turned around to try and get some sleep before her alarm would be going off in the morning to go and watch her brother and boyfriend tomorrow.

—————

Guys I'm sad. I was coming to end of writing this chapter and I just realised what I'm going to have to write next🥺

I really don't know how to write it so expect a few days delay as I figure out and write and then probably rewrite again🙈

-ky❤️