16

The Formula 2 second race of the weekend was taking place Sunday morning a couple of hours prior to the F1 race. Those few hours gave Pierre a chance to talk to Anthoine after his race.

Pierre and Juliet had watched the F2 race from two different places. Juliet from the pitlane garage that Anthoine's team was using while Pierre was with his team to discuss a pre race strategy.

Unfortunately for Anthoine his race hadn't gone great and he had finished P18, which in Formula 2 was at the back of the grid.

Anthoine's unfortunate result wasn't filling Pierre with hope as he walked through the paddock in search of his friend.

Pierre was waiting outside the press conference venue as Anthoine completed his mandatory interviews with his fellow F2 drivers. As Pierre stood waiting, his phone started to ring.

"Hello?" The French driver spoke answering the call of the blonde haired girl.

"Hello? Where are you?" Juliet wondered as she left RedBull's hospitality after searching there for the driver.

"Why?" Pierre asked in a teasing voice which caused Juliet to roll her eyes as she started walking through the paddock.

"Pierre. Where are you?" The singer questioned again growing slightly impatient.

"Don't worry. I'm just doing something for the team. I'll meet you at the garage before the race." Pierre told the blonde before hanging up the phone.

Knowing that there was nothing else she could do, Juliet decided to head to the paddock club for lunch before the Formula One race would be starting.

—————

Anthoine exited the conference venue to find Pierre sitting outside tapping his foot against the floor while looking around the paddock.

"Hey mate." Anthoine spoke as he walked towards his fellow French driver.

"Hey Anthoine." Pierre replied as he quickly jumped out of the seat he had been sitting in for the last 20 minutes.

"What's up? You look nervous?" Anthoine joked as he wrapped his arm around Pierre shoulder by the F1 driver didn't laugh. "You're scaring me mate. What's wrong?"

"I'm the one that should be scared." Pierre whispered under his breath as the pair started to walk through the Paddock. "I have to ask you something."

"Okay. What is it?" Anthoine wondered as he used the towel in his hand to wipe the sweat from his neck and face.

"Please don't mad. And if there's anyone to blame it's me." Pierre told his friend as he let out a nervous sigh.

"Pierre. You're my best friend. There's nothing you can't tell me. So spit it out." Anthoine assured his fellow Frenchman.

"Okay. I'm just gonna say it." Pierre nodded in reply.

"Julietandihavebeenseeingeachotherandiwannaaskhertobemygirlfriend." Pierre spoke quickly afraid that if he spoke slow then he'd chicken out of it.

"What?" Anthoine asked as he came to a stop and stared at the RedBull driver.

"You understood that?" Pierre wondered knowing the barely knew if he said everything he wanted to say.

"Yeh. You and Jules are together?" Anthoine questioned him which caused Pierre to nod his head in reply.

"Yeh. We are. And I know I should've told you sooner but I didn't wanna upset you and I feel really bad because you're my best friend and I tell you everything and-."

"Pierre. Shut up." Anthoine stopped his friend from ranting by placing a hand on Pierre's shoulder.

"Are you mad at me?" The F1 driver spoke looking at the man in front of him.

"What? No. Of course not." Anthoine shook his head in reply.

"You're not?" Pierre asked in shock. He expected to be getting shouted at right about now.

"Of course I'm not. Do you realise I have seen my sister this happy in years since, well since Gabriel." Anthoine explained.

"So you'd be okay if I asked her to be my girlfriend?" Pierre questioned hopefully.

"Definitely." Anthoine replied with a smile on his face.

"Thank you man." Pierre spoke as he pulled the Formula 2 driver into his hug.

"Is this why you've been acting weird lately?" Anthoine wondered as they pulled away from the hug.

"Yeh. Kind of. I felt bad for not telling you and so did Juliet." Pierre explained as they continued to walk through the paddock.

"Pierre it's fine. Like I said, I haven't seen Juliet this happy in a long time. She deserves this and so do you." Anthoine assured his best friend as the came to RedBull's motorhome.

"Thank you. I better get going and get ready for my race." Pierre nodded his head towards the motorhome behind him.

"Anytime. Good luck with the race. And let me know when you ask Juliet. Although I'm sure she'll say yes." Anthoine promised before Pierre left and headed inside to find Pyry and get ready for the race in a couple of hours.

—————