Chapter IX: Sam...

Jacob

"I'm fine Seth, don't worry. Before y'all start getting mad at Jake, let's make one thing clear. I followed him because I decided to, not him, me so if y'all have a problem with it, yell at me, not at him. Understood?" She told the pack with a voice full of authority, I was shocked and honestly a bit scared, just like the rest of the pack except Sam, he was smiling at her, he was proud of her. "You would make a great alpha Skylar" Sam spoke up still smiling at her, she smiled back at him and I hugged her. "Oh and Sam, honestly you can call me Sky"

A while later I carried her to my car and brought her home. She was barely able to walk so I carried her into the house. When I kicked the door open I saw my father looking at us confused "is everything ok? What happened? " He asked. Sky told me to let me down and I did holding her close so she could use me as support.

"Everything's fine Billy, your Jake here got angry or scared or sad or all of them at once and ran off, the only thing I can say is that he's fast " She said with a chuckle "and my leg of course isn't really but I promised something and I'm not planning on breaking the promise any time soon" She continued smiling at him. He smiled back and spoke up "you know Jake, you got really lucky. She's everything you could ever ask for in one person" I smiled replying "I know, I don't even deserve her"

After a while my dad left to Charlie's, Bella's father, to watch the game and we went off to my room. We sat there for a while, talking.

"Hey Jake? " She said "yeah? " "I want you to know that no matter what happens, no matter if I'm angry at you or you at me, no matter if we got split up, no matter if I'm hurt, no matter how far away you are from me, I will always be there for you. Always. And you can count on me until the day I fucking die. I'll always be there for you. You got that?" She said. Tears were threatening to come up but I fought them back.

"Like I said.. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you" I whispered pulling her into a hug before kissing her. "Trust me when I say you deserve even better" She whispered back.

________________

Next morning I woke up to see a still sleeping Sky curled up with her head on my shoulder, she was wearing one of my shirts which was huge for her and I was wearing some shorts. I pulled her closer planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Morning" I heard her say in her cute morning voice. "Morning" I answered smiling at her. She smiled back and sat up as I did the same. "I'm starving" She said, I chuckled, picked her up and started walking to the kitchen "hey! I can walk y'know! My leg doesn't even hurt anymore! " She said giggling "yep, I know but I don't want you to" I replied grinning at her.

I sat her down on the chair and saw that Billy had probably already left to God knows where to do God knows what.

I made some pancakes following my imprint's instruccions and we ate them so quickly that anyone who would have seen us would have thought we hadn't eaten in weeks.

We finished breakfast, changed and headed to Emily's place, where we would always meet the pack. When we got there I could see something was up and clearly Sky saw it too 'cause she ran into the house. When I got in there I could see that everyone was gathered around something.

I got closer to see (Y/N) with her hand on her mouth and a tear rolling down her face. She looked like she had just seen someone die. I came closer and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It couldn't be... No... This couldn't be happening... Sam was laying on his side throwing up blood like crazy. Emily looked like she was about to pass out with rivers of tears flowing down her cheek.

"What the hell happened?! " I nearly yelled throwing myself on my knees to try and help him. "A hunter happened. He shot him right in the lung... He's not gonna make it Jake" Embry said. My eyes widened when I saw the shot wound, not wound, wounds... Three shot wounds right thru his chest...

"Sky... Skylar..... I need you to listen to me" Sam said in between coughs, she came closer and kneeled down next to him, not caring about the blood.

"I saw how you... How you handle things... I saw how you always find a solution to everything. You're strong, smart and protective" He continued before coughing up more blood. "I want you to be the next alpha. You're the only one who could do it" He said. My eyes widened and so did hers.

"S.. Sam I.. Uh... I.. " She stuttered. "Please Sky... Take care of them" He said shakily, he was about to give up.

"I will Sam, I will. I know you won't be around in few minutes and I want you to know that no matter what happens, I'll take care of them... Always" She replied looking him in the eyes.

"Thank you... I love all of you like brothers and sisters... Emily, thank you, for being the love of my life I love you so much " He said. Then suddenly I heard his breathing fail. A cough. And nothing. He was gone.

The world went blurry around me. I heard Emily screaming in the backround, Sky doing what she could to calm her down but it would take years to get her out of it... At least thats what I felt like would happen if the same happened to my imprint.

#edited#