Chapter XXXII: Running away

Skylar

"Jake! Hey! You're gonna get hurt! " I tried to tell him in wolf telepathy but he didn't stop. "A little help here? " I asked annoyed knowing someone would hear me.

"Sorry Sky but he cut us off, we can't hear his thoughts, he can't hear ours. The only one that can talk to him right now is you" Embry explained.

"Great" I replied sarcastically.

I ran for hours following his scent but he was really far ahead of me and I couldn't catch up to him. The only thing that could stop him at that moment was him getting hurt or too tired to continue.

Hours went by and even I was starting to get tired when his scent got a lot stronger and the sound of paws moving on the humid floor of the forest couldn't be heard anymore, then I heard him phase. I ran as fast as I could towards him and as soon as I got him into my view I phased back to my human form and ran to hug him.

The moment my arms were around him, he buried his face in the crook of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist. "It's okay, it's okay. I got you.. Always" I murmured. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry please don't take this the wrong way love. I don't love her the way I love you, she was just a great friend and if they're getting married that means she's gonna be turned" He said panicking as he pulled away slightly and looked down at me with pleading eyes.

I smiled up at him. "I know Jake, I know and I know how hard this is for you and that's why I'm here right now. Whatever you want to do now, I'll be by your side" He smiled slightly and leaned down to kiss me. I kissed back. After a while we had to pull back for air but his arms stayed securely around my waist, as if he was afraid I'd leave.

"I'm not going anywhere y'know" I said laughing a bit. "I know, I'm just making sure you won't" I chuckled and put my arms around his neck.

"So what's the plan? "

"What about we leave the states and spend some time in a new place?"

"Sounds like a plan to me" With that we phased back and started to run towards our unknown destination.

______________________

We ran for 2 days straight, only stopping to eat, drink and sleep. After running for a few hours on the third day we found a beautiful abandoned cottagecore house that was still in perfect shape for living but that nobody had been to in few years because all the scents were lost.

We had no idea where we were but it was beautiful there

The sun was shining brightly but there was snow everywhere and alot of animals ran in the forests and Meadows.