Chapter XVIII: The battle

Jacob

I was guarding outside the tent, worried about what could happen when I heard teeth clathering, probably from the Cold coming from inside our tent. Worried I jumped up and rushed inside to find her rolled up, shaking from the cold.

"Oh my god Sky, love, are you alright? I'm so sorry come here" I said while I sat next to her. She crawled close to me and I put my arms around her as I pulled her onto my lap to warm her up quicker. I noticed that after a while she hadn't stopped shaking so I pulled her as close as possible to my chest and whispered into her ear "it's alright darling, it's alright I'm right here. You're gonna be ok" She looked up at me gratefully and snuggled up against my chest.

After a long while she finally stopped shivering and sat up onto my lap to hug me tightly "thanks love.. I guess my body temperature is far of being yours" She stated, I chuckled and kissed her forehead "no problem darling, you'll always be safe with me, yeah? " I replied with a smile, she looked up at me smiling and kissed me lovingly.

Few minutes passed and we layed down together, Sky still laying in my arms. She fell asleep like that in my arms and not long later my eyes grew shut too.

_______________________

I woke up the next morning because Sky shot up and ran out the tent quickly, turning the moment she got out. I ran out to see her growling and snarling at a newborn vampire while she stood in front of Bella and Edward. Before I could do anything the vampire went a little bit closer and Sky attacked him throwing his head off of his shoulders, she then turned back and looked at me with worried eyes. I immediately knew what was going on "it started" I said in a low voice filled with fear.

Bella and Edward glanced at us "Leah and Seth will be here any second, we need to go to the fight to help the others" Sky explained earning a nod from Edward and she changed back into that majestic black wolf of hers. I changed too and ran after her into the woods, to the fight.

Before we ran into the fight Sky looked at the situation trying to make a plan I suppose. I walked next to her and rubbed my head against her, she put her head under mine looking for comfort and strength before looking back at the fight and jumping into action.

We had been fighting for a while when a group of newborns started to surround me. I was honestly panicking a bit as I growled and snarled at them, throwing some off of me when out of nowhere the huge black, blue eyed wolf jumped in front of me, jumping over all the vampires on her way.

She started to growl and snarl at them as she circled around me protectively, then vampires jumped into action and so did we.

We had been trying to fight the massive hord of bloodsuckers coming for us for about 30 minutes and I was starting to run out of energy. Sky seemed to notice because she pushed me behind her with the left side of her body as she fought the vampires. She didn't let me get back to her side to fight and didn't let any bloodsucker get close to me, that's when I realised how strong my imprint really was but this could get dangerous any second.

"Guys guys this is getting bad, we've been trying to fight this hord off for about 40 minutes now but they just keep on coming and Sky won't let me fight, we need backup " I said through wolf telepathy to the rest of the pack making sure to not let Sky hear so she wouldn't protest. "Alright Quil and I are coming" Paul answered and not even half a minute later there were 2 more wolves fighting by our side.

"What the actual fuck. How do they keep on coming like that?! " Quil exclaimed after a long time of fighting. "Don't know, don't care" Sky answered as she yanked a vampire's head to the other side of the battle field.

About 20 minutes later we had finally managed to get the hord off of us, the rest of the newborns had been taken care of by the Cullens and the pack members that weren't helping us with the hord and the redhead with her boyfriend had been killed by Edward.

Panting, I turned back human and so did Sky as she went to check on Seth and Leah that had just come back. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me and all started to move in slow motion to me.

A vampire ran to me, gripped onto my arm, in the time of a half second Sky muttered 'I think the hell not' under her breath while she immediately transformed and ran to my rescue, jumping on the vampire, yanking it away from me. Few seconds later the vampire's head had already been yanked off of it's body.

When the adrenaline started to calm down I felt a killing pain in my right arm and shoulder. I gripped onto it, Sky seemed to have noticed because even though she had blood all over her face due to the injuries on it and her leg was bleeding badly too, she ran to me with a worried expression on her face.

"Jake, jake hey hey, are you alright?" She asked alarmed. When I didn't answer she started to panic "Jacob?! Jake! Answer me! What's wrong?" She asked holding my face so I would look at her. "I.. I think something's wrong with my arm" I said shakily. She looked at me, more worried than ever.

Few minutes later, Carlisle had confirmed that my bones were badly broken all over my arm and had moved from their original position. At that, Sky started worrying even more and asked what could be done.

"I'm sorry but the only option left is rebreaking the bones" Carlisle answered. I heard my imprint gasp and My Eyes widened. Well shit.

#edited#