Chapter XXXIII: I missed you

Jacob

2 days after having ran away we were running again, but this time we did have a destination. We were going to go get Kaya.

"I hope she's not too mad" I heard Sky say to me through wolf telepathy. "Don't worry, she'll understand" I replied. She shot me a worried glance anyway but continued running.

After about 12 hours of sprinting having stopped twice to drink and eat, Sky's ears shot up in the air as she stopped in her tracks. She jumped on me making me fall over, she then stood over me in a protective way. Not 2 seconds later a gunshot was heard.

"Damn hunters" She muttered "c'mom we gotta hurry they're not far" She helped me up and started running in a full on sprint again, well so it was for me, for her it was just a normal run but she knew that if she would run faster I wouldn't be able to keep up.

"get in front of me. Now! " She almost yelled slowing down so I could run past her, seconds later a gunshot was heard from behind us which Sky avoided the bullet from swiftly. Then an engine could be heard.

"They're following us. Hurry up" I heard her say. I fastened my pace as much as I could which wasn't much. Suddenly Skylar stopped in her tracks, making me stop as well, she turned around and started growling.

"Jake leave, you gotta leave, I can take care of this. I'll catch up to you"

"Uh no, there's no way in hell I'm leaving you against these hunters Sky! Last time I did that you got shot! "

"Jacob I said LEAVE! No matter what you hear, you keep fucking running got that? " She ended up almost yelling this time using her alpha voice making me having no choice but to obey. I was shocked though, 'cause she had never talked to me like that before. I turned back around and ran in the opposite direction of the hunters.

About 3 minuts later a fight started. A car stopped, gunshots went off, Skylar growled and attacked. Yelling and nothing.

After a moment of silence a gunshot went off, making me feel a burning pain in my side but I had no blood. "SHIT! " I yelled stopping in my tracks. Then I could hear inhumanly quick footsteps running towards me. Seconds later Sky was back, her side bleeding but she was ignoring it.

I ran towards her and she hid her muzzle in the furr of my neck as I put my head over hers in a protective kind of way. "Are you okay? " I asked, worry eating me alive.

"I'm okay, the bullet didn't enter, it just scratched my side pretty deeply that's it. There's not that much blood" She reassured me.

"Can you run? " I asked "yep, let's go before they call their little friends"

We then took off running again.

Hours later, I could smell the familiar scent of the camp in front of Emily's. Few minutes passed and the camp and house came into view. "They're handling it quite well" Sky stated. I nodded in agreement. She then changed back into her human form.

"Alright so here's the plan. You stay here in your wolf form ready to leave alright? I'm gonna go get Kaya, hopefully without having to talk to anyone. If something happens on my side I'll whistle, if something happens to you, you howl okay? " She explained. I nodded and with that she ran towards the house ignoring completely the deep wound on her side.

Skylar

I ran towards the house ignoring the horrible feeling in the side of my body.

When I got to the house I sneaked in, hoping that nobody would actually be there but obviously nothing ever goes to plan here.

I got in and tried to sneak upstairs but then I heard a familiar voice.

"Who's there? Aren't y'all supposed to be on patrol? " I stopped in my tracks already knowing who it was. "Hello- " He cut himself off as he saw me standing there.

"Sky? " I turned around to see his huge figure standing there.

"Hey Paul... " I said with a weak smile. Before I knew it, I was pulled into a tight hug making me chuckle. "Missed me that much Lahote? " I joked.

"The hell is wrong with you? We didn't hear anything of you in 4 or 5 days God dammit I thought you had been killed or something" He said almost angrily. "I know, I know Paul and I'm sorry but Jake, Kaya and I are going to be out of the picture for a bit okay? I'm sorry but we're gonna have to" He looked at me, obviously sad.

"It's okay.. It's okay I get it.. Just don't die got it? " I nodded.

"Who's been in command these days?" I asked curiously. "Nobody, I had to put that stupid rebel wolf in his place about 3 time already though"

"Okay good job, well now I want you to be in charge while we're gone ok? Leah will be second in command, tell the pack that. Take care of them for me? "

"Always" He replied. We hugged each other one last time before I ran upstairs to get my daughter.

I knocked on the open door of our room as I watched her play with some of her toys on Jake and mine's bed. Her head shot in my direction and as soon as she saw me she ran into my arms. I catched her and spun her around before holding her to my chest tightly. "I'm so sorry sweetie I should've came earlier for you.. I'm sorry" I whispered as she held her arms around my neck, her face buried in my shoulder.

"I missed you mommy"

"I know honey I missed you too" I replied holding tears back.

"Are you gonna leave me here again?" Kaya asked me, making my heart shatter.

"No honey, you're coming with us if that's okay with you" She nodded  quickly up and down making me chuckle. "C'mon let's go then"

Few minutes later I was walking towards the spot where Jake was, Kaya still in my arms. As soon as I got him in view I let Kaya on the floor, who rapidly ran towards him, knowing both our wolf forms better than the pack themselves. As soon as she got to him she hugged his chest tightly since she couldn't reach higher. I chuckled at the sight.

"Let's go shall we? " I said after a while. "Go where? " Kaya asked. "That's a surprise " I replied before phasing and laying on my belly so she could hop on. She climbed on top of me with the help of her dad and tightly held onto the furr on the back of my neck since it was a bit longer there, even though most her body was almost completely hidden in my long furr.

"I'll stay behind you to make sure she doesn't slip off" Jake told me through wolf telepathy. "Alright, be careful though"

"Always"

"Let's go, keep up" And with that we ran off into the forest again, back to our little house.

#edited#