Chapter XXX: Oh Fuck

Skylar

Almost a month had passed and everything was way better. The Fallen pack had gotten used to the new life style, the whole Quilletes pack including Jake and I had gotten very close with Kaya and we were like blood family at that point and something great ended up happening with the Jason situation.

When we let him out of his room we all took turns to keep an eye on him and he wasn't allowed to go out the house without a pack member to make sure he didn't do something stupid. We had started to bring him to meet the whole Fallen Pack so he would maybe make some friends but what I never saw coming was that he would've turned out to find more than that.

On a Wednesday afternoon I took him to meet more people. We were walking around the camp talking to people and stuff when we came across a girl more or less his age. When she came to say hi they locked eyes and I could immediately tell what was going on. The girl, who was named Amelia, stared at him and I could see something switch in her gaze. I wanted to make sure of what was going on so I looked over at Jason and I could see something switched in him too.

After snapping out of her daze, Amelia looked at me with a sort of mix between scared and happy look. I smiled at her, letting her know it was fine and gave her a pat on the shoulder before leaving them to talk. This was great. She had imprinted on him. He wouldn't have the urge to tell humans about us anymore just to protect her.

____________________

"Why hello there love birds" I said teasingly when I heard Amelia and Jason walk in the house, probably heading towards Jason's room. Jake and I had just came back from my night patrol and I was curled up against him on Emily's couch. "Will you ever stop with the teasing? " Jason asked dramatically. The 4 of us laughed a bit before they went up to his room.

They had been together for about two weeks now and since Jason met her, his whole annoying personality changed into a nice one even though he still liked to anoy people for fun. "How is it even possible that they met about 3 weeks ago and they're already practically glued to each other. I don't even wanna know what they do when we're not here" I heard Jake say annoyed. "Oh come on, you know perfectly well that if our situation had been different we would've been the same as them" I replied laughing a bit at his annoyance. He looked down at me with sad eyes. I frowned.

"What's wrong? " I asked sitting up to look at him. "Nothing" He replied as he looked away. "Bullshit. What's wrong? " I asked again, turning his face to face mine. He sighed "sometimes I just wish we could be normal, that we could start over and start our relationship like normal people would do instead of having to be scared for each other's life constantly" My gaze was soft as I looked at his sad deep brown eyes. "Yeah but we aren't normal Jake, after all, Normal is boring. Maybe our relationship didn't start in the most common way possible but look what we got out of it. Look at us Jake, stronger than any couple that I ever saw. Name me one time we actually had a fight where we hadn't already made up 20 minuts later. " He opened his mouth but then closed it as soon  as he realised he had nothing to say. "See? Jason and Amelia will have plenty of fights for stupid shit because they don't realise how lucky they are to have each other, they don't know how it is like to live without the other, they don't know how it is to be scared for each other's life. Maybe you got jealous one or two times or I had a fight with Bella but we fixed it minutes later Jake. Normal people can't do that because they have their heads shoved too far up their asses to realise it doesn't make any sense to keep on fighting for something as stupid as that" I finished.

His smile finally came back to life as he pulled me close. "I guess you're right" He said with a smile still on his face. He then pulled me into a kiss. I kissed back and when we broke the kiss I Iaid back down on his chest.

We layed like that for a while until I heard quick footsteps coming towards us. I immediatly knew who it was so I stood up and opened my arms. Not two seconds later a tiny girl jumped in my arms. I caught her mid air and swirled us around before hugging her close to my chest, her arms tight around my neck. "Hey Sweetie, how was it with Leah?" I asked in a soft voice as Kaya leaned her head against my shoulder. She had been with Leah since yesterday afternoon. They had both asked for a girls night with them alone at Leah's, to my surprise actually because I never would've imagined Leah doing this for a little kid. Obviously Jake and I agreed happily to it.

"It was great but I missed you" She replied with her head buried in my shoulder. "I missed you too honey" I had grown very attached to her quicker than I thought and Jake did too. When I put her back on the floor she immediately jumped in Jake's arms, who was waiting behind me. "There's my princess" He said as he lifted her up and hugged her. She giggled cutely and hugged him back. This was about the cutest thing I could ask for and I would definitely never get enough of this.

About an hour later I left the house, leaving Jake and Kaya behind. I had missed Billy and I wanted to go see if everything was alright with him even though Jake told me he was fine. I ran into the forest and phased before sprinting towards the Black's residence. As I ran I started thinking about the wolf pack and Snowflake. I had brought snowflake back to the pack few weeks back because I felt bad for her having to be left on the leash all the time and hadn't seen her or the pack since.

It was about 11 A.M so I could just hope that Billy was already awake. As I ran, rain started pouring from the clouds. You gotta be kidding me.  I started running as fast as I could but it was no use, my furr was already soaked.

"Oh don't complain (Y/N), you're not the one having to spend 3 more hours under this pouring rain" I heard Embry speak through wolf telepathy. "Yeah yeah shut up" I replied letting out a chuckle.

When I arrived at Billy's I quickly phased back to my human form and ran on the porch  of the house. Lights were on so I figured he must've been awake. I took my soaked   hoodie off and tried to get as much water as I could out of my hair on the porch of the house and then walked inside the house. As always, the door wasn't locked.

"Well about time you came to visit your old man" I heard him say from the kitchen. I chuckled and walked over to him. "Sorry Billy, I've had a lot going on lately but I'll make it up to you" I replied leaning down to hug him. I wasn't even close to being tall but he was sitting in his wheelchair so I still had to lean down. "I'm not surprised to see Jacob didn't come with you" He didn't seem hurt about it, which was great.

We talked for a long time. I even ended up making some lunch for him. At that moment I was enternally grateful that Emily had thaught me how to cook even if I hadn't wanted to. We ate dinner together, joking around, until Billy suddenly turned serious and looked at me. "What's wrong? " I asked confused.

"Look kid, I have to tell you something and I'm not sure how you're gonna take it, especially not Jacob. " "Go on"

"So uh... You know Bella right? I mean of course you know her. You hate her. Anyways... So I got an invitation from her and the leech yesterday... To their wedding" He spoke slowly. My eyes widened.

Oh fuck.

#edited#