Chapter XXXX: Enemy Vampire On The Run

Skylar

"shit" I heard kimora whisper when I let out a very low growl and went to stand in my alpha form. As soon as she met my hard glare as I growled and snarled and noticed the pack right behind me not budging she took off running. I was quick in speeding behind her, Seth and Paul right by my side

"enemy vampire on the run, I'm  Currently chasing her towards the border. Send extra patrol to the borders" I told the fallen pack's members that were on patrol through telepathy which was quickly followed by a 'yes alpha' by all 4 of them.

"stay close" I then told Paul and Seth who were right by my side. We chased her for a while until we finally got to the border of my territory.

As soon as she crossed it I stopped running and howled to let everyone know that what I had recently called the enemy, had just crossed the border.

Very soon after my howl, five shape shifters from the fallen pack that had been assigned as extra patrol reached us.

"are there more of you on patrol?" I asked them, but only so them, Paul and seth could hear me. "hello Alpha. There are three other patrol groups of five near the border." one of them answered, his voice respectful.

"alright, spread all over the border, don't let any unknown vampire cross the border and notify me in case of any unusual activities. We don't know anything about the enemy's intentions and allies so this situation could be potentially dangerous, especially with the concentration of both vampires and wolves at the Cullen's. Spread the message to the rest of the pack and be ready for anything" I said in my deeper alpha voice so they would get the seriousness of the situation.

The five wolves nodded and started their patrol by taking off running with their ears attentive, tails high and sniffing the air, looking for any weird activity.

"this could get really bad. I have no idea of what her true intentions were since she got all agressive" I told Paul and Seth as I turned towards them, my head hanging low in shame. I was the one who might've brought a whole bunch of new enemies. I had no idea if Kimora was a rogue or not, and if she was in a clan and brought them here, they wouldn't appreciate us chasing her like that.

"hey, don't worry Sky. Whatever happens, we're here and they would most likely be outnumbered. We're all gonna be fine" Seth reassured walking towards me and rubbing his big wolf head agaisnt my shoulder for comfort. "he's right, we're gonna be fine" Paul confirmed looking at me with a comforting look that immediatly calmed me down.

"Sky where are you? what happened?" Jake's voice suddenly sounded in my head. "I'm with Paul and Seth at the border of Fork territory, things got a bit out of hand and we had to chase her out of our lands. I put extra patrols all over the place so it should be fine now" After my reply I could feel he had relaxed and I let out another soft howl so he could find us. 

"Jake is on his way here and I sent extra patrol groups to watch the borders. As soon as we decided what to do with the situation we're gonna have a tribe meeting" I informed all the Quilletes as I heard Jacob's footsteps get closer.

When he got to us he immediatly rushed to my side and I rubbed my head against the side of his. "So what do we do now?" he then asked the three of us. I didn't want Seth to get dragged into this but he had a right to know what was gonna happen. Both Paul and him were looking curiously as I thouht of a solution, even though deep down I knew that it probably was nothing and that I was just overreacting the whole situation.

"Ok so uh... I never said this to anyone because it didn't seem to be very important but few months ago, I was patrolling around the borders when I picked up an unfamiliar scent. It weren't vampires or humans so I decided to follow the scent and when it got stronger, I realised it were shapeshifters. But it wasn't us" I started. I was hesitant in sharing what I had discovered but even more hesitant to explain what I had thought of since I knew Paul and Jacob would hate the idea.

"wait... so you're telling me that there are more shape shifters around the area and we never noticed?" Seth asked amazed. I nodded. "where are you going with this Sky, because if this is going where I think it is, I don't like it" Paul put in confirming my thoughts.

"Yeah I already counted on the fact that neither you or Jake will like it. Listen, if there's actually another pack nearby, the smartest thing we could do is create an alliance with them, warn them about the things that might go down that'd actually affect them too. I'm sure they could need our help for some things too so why not try  it?" I explained trying to convince the two of them. "and what, you're just gonna walk up to them and ask the alpha if they want to be besties. And I'm guessing you won't let us come with you ?" Paul asked sarcastically as I felt Jake grow tense at my intentions.

"well.. yeah basically" I replied and before I could add anything else Jake cut me off. "No, no, absolutely fucking not" He snapped making me sigh. "Jake this might be our only chance to actually get backup for when it actually gets bad, and we all know that it'll happen eventually" He just shook his head.

"what if they're a pack of rejected rogues that came together, huh? Then there you'll be alone, left there to fend for yourself. As far as we know there could be dozens of them!" Jake exclaimed. "And that's why I'd be going alone Jake, as the alpha of two packs, it's my duty to protect all of them. All of you" I tried keeping my voice as calm as possible. "she's kinda got a point" Seth said in an almost whisper, as if scared to get attacked for his words. "thanks" I said not even trying to smile since I knew wolf smiles weren't all that pretty.

"Seth don't encourage this" Paul warned with a snarl. "Don't you dare talk to him like that" I snapped with a low growl as I walked over to him. In response he took a few steps backwards, his head hanging low. I never liked to use my authority on my friends but sometimes I just couldn't help it.

At this point I had completely lost my cool and had clear what I was gonna do. "I'm gonna call a tribe meeting with the elders, if htey tink it's worth it I'm doing it" I concluded before walking a  bit back and letting out a long howl to signal the Quilletes that the tribe meeting would be soon so they could warn the elders, then I walked off, ignoring Jacob's upset look.