chapter 16.

nostalgia, sixteen

nostalgia, sixteen.
the little paint war

❛ the little paint war ❜

"Look who it is, boys." Heeseung crossed his arms over his chest. "Mr. I have a plan."

     "I just have to avoid her in the mean time," Niki mockingly quoted.

     Jungwon rolled his eyes, pushing past them and walking towards his house. "I don't know what you're talking about."

     The four boys caught up to him, jogging along the neighborhood sidewalk. The sun was setting, and Mrs. Yang already knew who to expect when she heard a knock on her door.

     They all greeted her briefly, before returning to their pestering.

     "When were you going to tell us that you got together?" Niki asked, a little too loudly.

     Jungwon's eyes widened as they made their way inside. "Can you shut up? My mom's right there."

     Mrs. Yang overheard anyway. "Got together? Are you finally with Ji-"

     "Bye, mom." Jungwon motioned for his friends to follow him, slightly irritated as they all climbed up the stairs and into his room.

     "So, you've been lying to us?" Jay asked as soon as the door slammed shut.

     "I didn't lie. I just avoided the truth." Jungwon collapsed onto his bed in defeat. "And we aren't together. I don't like Yebin like that."

     "You said the same thing about Jia," Heeseung said pointedly.

     Jungwon glanced at him. "That's different."

     "Yeah, that was a long time ago," Sunoo told Heeseung.

     "But why did Yebin have your jacket?"

     Jungwon shrugged at Jay's question. "It was cold and she fell asleep. I'm not heartless."

     "Huh, must be nice to be Yebin," Jay remarked, earning a roll of eyes from the boy.

     Jay then pointed a finger at Jungwon. "You still have to introduce us."