chapter 34.

nostalgia, thirty-four

perfectly happy

Nishimura Riki had always liked taking pictures, but his friends had always shown little to no interest in what he did at the local photography club

Nishimura Riki had always liked taking pictures, but his friends had always shown little to no interest in what he did at the local photography club. This time however, he thought that one of them might react differently. And he wanted to test out his theory.

     They were spending the afternoon at the park, with Jay, Jake, and Heeseung playing basketball. Sunghoon and Sunoo were trying to take pictures by the trees, and Jungwon was laid out on the bench next to Niki, his eyes closed.

     Niki held back a smile as he opened his club group chat, pressing on the video their vice president had just sent out.

     "Hello! Today I'll be teaching you how to set your camera, something you'll need for our meetup later!"

     Jungwon's eyes squinted open at the voice, quickly sitting up and looking at Niki in alarm.

     Niki burst out in laughter, shaking his head and continuing to watch the video with a satisfied sigh. "ah, Yebin-noona. what are you doing to him?"

     Jungwon gritted his teeth in annoyance, but leaned over to look at Niki's screen anyway. Yebin had filmed a tutorial video, and he wasn't surprised that she looked nervous. But he started to notice what was making her so, and realized she was anxiously glancing at the person behind the camera.

     "Who's filming her?" Jungwon suddenly asked.

     Niki shrugged. "Probably Kiyoung-hyung. He's the president."

     Jungwon tried to remember where he'd heard that name before. "Was this shot recently?"

     "Yeah," Niki said. "They're at the venue right now, why?"

     Jungwon only pulled out his phone, calling Yebin's number, but it went straight to voicemail. He furrowed his eyebrows at his screen. He didn't want to be worried, but he was. There was this gut feeling in him that something was off, and he couldn't shake it if he tried.