Chapter 8: The Misunderstanding

I was running my way to the police station and when I arrived in front of the STARS office I take a break to catch my breath. I look at my watch and see that I made it in time. I sigh in relief before adjusting my appearance and open the door.

As the door slowly open, "CONGRATULATION!!!" Everyone in the room cheer at me.

"Eh?" I found myself dumbstruck. What is happening?

"Congratulation, Jill! Finally, our only female STARS member gets herself a man!" Brad came and shake my hand.

"WHAT!?"

"Barry told us what happened. Now I know why (Y/n) wants to have a day off." Captain Wesker smile and nods to himself.

EHH!? Even Captain Wesker congratulating me too! What the hell did Barry tell them?

One by one they came to shake my hand. I try to say that it was not like that, but they just shrug it off as if I was joking about it. I just stand there smiling awkwardly while they do whatever they please. I don't know if they just teasing me or they actually think that (Y/n) and I got together. After everything is done Captain Wesker calls me and Barry to his office.

Captain Wesker sat at his desk before turning his attention to us, "Alright. First of all congratulation, Jill. Sorry for calling you out of the blue like this. In my defense, I didn't know that (Y/n) was taking a day off for you before I share the assignment for the team."

"You don't need to. We aren't even to-"

"Back to business." He cut me short. "Since (Y/n) already finished the necessary document for us to conduct our special training next week. We need to pick up something from our supplier. That's where you guys came in. These goods that you're going to get it's for STARS only. That means only the STARS member has the authority to grab it. I'm going to cut this day short for you Jill. After this done, you can go home. Enjoy the rest of the day with your boyfriend. As for you Barry. We still got a lot of work to do." He hands us some documents, "That's all. Dismiss."

I facepalm as I failed to explain the truth to Captain Wesker. Barry walks to his car as I followed him. As soon as we got in the car I shout out to Barry's face.

"BARRY, WHAT THE HELL?!"

He raised an eyebrow. He was confused, "What is what?"

"What the hell did you tell everyone?!" I asked him the question as my voice go up.

"Oh! Nothing big really. I just told them that you and (Y/n) finally got together." Barry answers me like that was nothing. He starts the car engine and began to drive away.

"Wait a sec!? How was that not a big deal!?" I was confused by him.

"Oh c'mon, Jill. Everyone in the station already knows that you have a crush on (Y/n)."

"What!?" I was taken back.

"We all know that you secretly steal a look every time (Y/n) was working on his desk. We even make a bet behind your back. Brad said that you and (Y/n) already going out in secret. While I said that (Y/n) didn't have the balls to ask you out. Well, I guess I was wrong. On the other hand, Chris said that (Y/n) will ask you out this week. I guess Chris won the bet then." He chuckled to himself.

"Huh!?" I was speechless.

I wasn't looking at (Y/n)! I was looking at Chris! (Y/n) was just happened to sit next to him. His desk was right next to Chris for god sake! Did everyone mistaken me for having a crush on (Y/n) instead!?

"Barry, listen! I wasn't looking at (Y/n) you know! I was looking at Ch-" I stopped when I was about to say Chris's name. Isn't saying his name would mean that I actually told everyone that I like Chris!? What would happen if I did that!? Isn't that going to make things more complicated? What would happen to my relationship with Chris? Oh, man... It will only make things worse...