Chapter 17: Familiar Face

3rd January 2004

BSAA Headquarter Europe

BSAA Special Operations Agent / SOA

Chris Redfield

I walk to the interrogation room as soon as I got a call from Director O'Brian. It so unusual for him to call me regarding this matter. The remnant of Umbrella's operative was usually dealt by the Director and several BSAA agents that specialize in information extraction. But somehow, Director insists that I came to participate in this interrogation. He said that they found an ex USS operative in front of the BSAA office, tied up with a piece of paper that said, "A little present for the BSAA." No one knows who or why they send it. It appears that whoever that guy is, they managed to get everyone in the office to work double time.

On my way to the interrogation room, I stumble upon Director himself.

"Chris, glad you made it." He greets me.

"Yeah, Director. Why the rush?" I asked wondering why everyone working so hard than usual.

"What did you heard about this guy?"

"Only what you tell me, that he's an ex USS agent."

"Did you tell Jill about this?"

"No, just like you told me to," I said. The director mentioned this information is classified and he insists that Jill is not informed about this yet. I wonder why though.

"Good. Follow me then." The director instructed me to follow him into the interrogation room.

As soon as we arrived at the front of the interrogation room he stops and hands me some files.

"Here. This is everything we know about this person. Open it inside the room."

"Roger that." I then open the door but stop when the director grabs my hand.

"And, Chris. Prepare for the worst."

I nod before he let go of my hand and comes inside the room with me. Why in the world that Director would act like this I wonder. It's just not like him. I try snuggled it off, maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

I enter the room and I see one of the BSAA agents sitting in the chair monitoring the prisoner's condition. In the middle of the room, there are two-way glasses that block the view from the other side. Where we stand right now is where we monitor the prisoner that sits on the other side of the glass.

"Sir!" He looks at us and stands up.

"How is he?" Director asked.

The man came back to his seat, "He's unconscious right now. It's only a matter of time before he wakes up." He points at the window that leads to the prisoner's room.

I see through the window. My eyes widen and I cannot believe what just I saw.

"(Y-Y/n)?" I saw (Y/n), my best friend. Tied up at the electric chair.

"How can this possible?" I muttered to myself.

Immediately I open the file that Director gave me. To my surprise, it confirmed his identity. No doubt, the man that sits in that chair is (Y/n). How the hell did he manage to survive? Even worse, how in the world that he's an ex USS agent? This explained why Director acting so weird. He must know about my relationships with him. That also explained why he insists that Jill is not informed about this.

I look at Director, "Is he?"

He nods, "Yes. That man is (Y/n) (L/n). The same (Y/n) (L/n) that you know back in the S.T.A.R.S."