Chapter 11: A Promise

After hours of driving, (Y/n) takes a turn that leads us to a big mansion a few miles from the main road. It's a little isolated compare to the rest of the neighborhood. When we arrived at the front gate I can see that it is guarded by two fully armed men. They walk closer to inspect our car, but as soon as they saw (Y/n). They immediately told the other gatekeeper to open the gate.

(Y/n) then continue to drove the car and find a parking spot to park it.

"We're here."

"What is this place?" I asked him.

He turns to me with a smile, "Why don't we came in and find out?"

We exit the car and continue to enter the mansion. As soon as we arrived at the door before we even open it, it was opened by someone else. At the other side of the door, I can see a woman dress in a housemaid uniform.

"Welcome back, Master (Y/n)." She politely greets him while bowing her head. "I'm really sorry, we didn't expect you to come today. Should we prepare a dinner for you and your guest?"

"That would be great, thanks."

The woman then bows her head a little before turns around and goes to the kitchen.

"C'mon, it's this way." (Y/n) instructs me to follow him.

He takes me to the second floor of the mansion. I look around and I must say, this place is huge! There's a lot of painting on the wall, Tons of antique ornament decorating the room, a bunch of housemaids walking around tidying the places, and so on. This place is like the typical rich guy mansion that you saw in the Movies.

As we keep walking, we finally arrived at the end of the hall.

"Here we are."

In front of us, there is a door. I can't really tell what's behind it.

"Behind this door. Is the answer to all your question from before. Please do me a favor, when you open the door, open it slowly, okay?" (Y/n) said to me.

I can't help feeling nervous as I put a hand on its handle. What can be an answer to my question is? What is with this room that holds that answer? A rush of thought starts filling me in as I keep wondering what lies behind it. Without another delay, I slowly open the door and I can't help but widen my eyes seeing what's inside.

...

...

...

After I see everything that I need to see, we exit the room and he brings me to the balcony.

"Now you know the truth." He looks far outside to the sky.

"You're not joking arent you?"

He shakes his head in no.

"Oh... I'm sorry..."

"Nah, it's okay." He lay his back on the balcony before tuns to me, "You see, Jill. She's the reason for everything."

"You mean, when you work hard so that you can have free time, it's for her?"

He nods, "I made a deal with Wesker to have at least more free time if I can complete more works. That is so I can come here to visit."

"When you said you already have a plan or the time when you said you have a date. This is what you mean?"

"Yeah... Well, sometimes I consider this is a date." He chuckled. "And I want to give you guys an excuse so that you will stop asking the question. After all... I don't really find it comfortable sharing this with just anyone..."