Chapter 14: The End

1st October 1998

Umbrella Underground Facility, Raccoon City

U.S.S. Delta Team / Wolfpack

Cpt. (Y/n) "Ghost" (L/n)

After I deal with the Nemesis I continue forward trying to find the storage facility and luckily it didn't take me that long to get there. I don't really expect to get there easily, there might be some infected lurking around here. And on top of that, I don't really have a weapon to defend myself. I arrived at the door with a storage facility sign on the wall, but the door seems was ripped open by a big claw and inside the room, I saw a trail of a massacre. Dead bodies lying around, some are still intact while the others are rip in half, heck some of them even missing a lot of their part. Blood spills everywhere, on the floor, on the wall, and at the top, on the ceiling. The room itself was quite spacious with a few computer consoles lying around and a bunch of freezing boxes with a broken vial in them.

"Shit..."

This must be the work of the Nemesis. It came from this direction before coming to us and all of this blood is still fresh.

I walk cautiously as I enter the room. The body, I recognize their uniform. Because most of them wear what I wear. It's a USS operative. Oh no... I really hope it isn't what I think it is. I walk to one of the corpses and take a closer look. The body was laying on the ground with its lower part missing. I can't really see the face since they all wear a gas mask. So I carefully take it off and to my relief that this is not one of the Wolfpack. And here I thought that they somehow ended up here too. I should know better, even if they were, they will not get massacred like this. I really hope that they can escape the city somehow. After all, I'm the one who brings them all to this mess. Well, maybe I should thank the Nemesis for doing me a favor clearing this room. Now I don't have to deal with the USS operative lurking around here. Because I personally know how pain in the ass they could be. As I chuckled and ready to go, suddenly the corpse opens its eyes and grab me. He immediately tries to bite me.

"Holy Fuck!"

I got caught in surprise as he tries to pin me down. But compared to what I just fought this is nothing. Even though you got the advantage by surprise attack. You still a legless corpse after all.

As he tries to bite my neck I immediately grab his head with my arms and I turn his neck around. The sound of its broken neck can be heard before I let it go and it drops down to the ground.

The other corpses start rising from their dead and move toward me. But since most of them are missing their body part, heck even some of them can't move from where they were. They didn't really possess any meaningful threat. I look around and found a lying handgun on the ground. This must be theirs. I take it and look at the magazine, it still has a few bullets left. I aim at the undead that coming closer to me and blow their brains out. As soon as I run out of ammunition I go to one of the USS corpses and search for an extra mag. And of course, I found one, it seems they didn't even get a chase to use it before their death. I reload the gun and start shooting again. Clearing all the room from the threat.

After I'm done, with only one magazine left. I reload it before hostler the gun. I then continue to search the room for the Vaccine but unfortunately, they all have been destroyed. There are isn't even a single vial that hasn't been broken. There are a few signed of explosive and bullets hole everywhere.

"Oh God no..."

Even though they all lose their life, it seems that they managed to complete their mission. Such a typical USS operative. They called us Umbrella last resort for nothing after all. I didn't even know if all of this explosion blast and the bullet hole was from their purposely try to destroy the Vaccine or from their fight with the Nemesis, but one thing is clear, they managed to make my life harder now.