Chapter 5: Operation Raccoon City

USS Command: The failure to contain virus samples has left Umbrella in a precarious situation. HUNK is not responding. The UBCS-wing has deployed their forces... To ensure Umbrella's survival, the story of what happened must never be told. We need to make sure the truth dies along with each scrap of evidence and every survivor. Umbrella Security Service Task Force, commence Operation Raccoon City.

...

...

...

26th September 1998

Apartment Complex, Raccoon City

U.S.S. Delta Team / Wolfpack

Cpt. (Y/n) "Ghost" (L/n)

The Wolfpack is being redeployed by the USS Command as part of Operation Raccoon City. We're given a task to go into the city hall and destroy all evidence that links the Umbrella Corporation with this incident. With full equipment, gas mask, body armor, portable radio, weapons, and a lot of ammunition we ride the chopper departing for this operation.

Inside the chopper everyone is checking their gear once again, making sure it will work when we need it the most. When we arrived above the city, I look out through the window and I can see chaos everywhere. A gunshot can be heard from miles away, people were screaming for their life and smoke from an explosive emerge all across the town. The town was infected by Umbrella T-Virus, a virus that can kill people and turn them into undead. People start calling the infected a zombie. Well, that's the short version of it. The report says that the only effective way to deal with the infected is to shoot them in their head. There is no known vaccine so far, that's why the outbreak hit the city so hard. UBCS was sent to contains the spreading of this virus. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to go as plan. Management is still investigating how their virus can spread to the city. That makes one thing clear for sure, the Umbrella Corporation didn't plan for this outbreak to happen. But they did sure to use this opportunity to conduct their experiment. Spectre informs me that he managed to get a piece of secret information, it says that Umbrella is throwing their prototype into the city, some sort of biological weapons. What is the purpose? I still don't know. But I have a feeling that I will found out about it soon enough.

"I've seen shit, but nothing like this one." Beltway chuckled.

"Agree..." Vector nods.

"I can't believe Umbrella is blaming us for the outbreak." Beltway sigh.

"This is ridiculous. I can't believe they are redeploying us back into the city. What happened during the week?" Four Eyes complain.

Vector reply, "Command will not be happy with us until we can assure them they will not be connected with the outbreak."

"Too bad. At least they promised to raise our pay," I shift my attention to the rest of the team.

The Wolfpack is a team that I personally pick. Most of them are here because of their debt to me. Beltway, Lupo, Four Eyes is some of them. But the rest? I don't really know. Vector, Bertha, and Spectre are here for their own reason. I can't fully trust them... at least not yet. That's why I don't reveal the true reason why I choose to say yes to Umbrella and why I agree with this mission. The reason that they know is because of the money, but honestly, I don't care about that. I'm just using this operation as an excuse to get an exclusive ride back into Raccoon City. By doing this maybe I just send my team into their doom, but I couldn't care less about that right now. My first priority is to complete my mission. No matter what!

"One minute!" The pilot informed us.

I nod before turning to Four Eyes, "I know that this place is becoming your ideal playground by now, but please try to retain yourself."