oo5. 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑠

——————————————————————————

"CARLOS!", THE VOICE OF THEA SHOUTED to catch the attention of the De Vil boy. He turned to see her, wearing a small smile on her face, to which became contagious towards him as his lips twitched up.

"Hey." Carlos spoke, Thea arriving beside him in the hallway.

"Ready for the game today?" Thea questioned, her eyes scanning over the tourney uniform that Carlos put on just  minutes before.

Thea could see the features of Carlos' face drop. "Not really, no." he spoke, breaking his small silence.

Thea giggled at the sentence, soon recomposing herself to face the boy. "Don't be nervous." she spoke, fixing his jersey at the neck collar. "Just try your hardest. You'll be fine," Thea finished fixing the jersey, blushing at the sudden action.

Carlos nodded at the girl. "Thanks."

Thea smiled her teeth at the boy, walking away a short distance before hearing Carlos call her name again. Thea turned around, looking at the boy yet again.

"I wanted to ask if, uh." his mind went blank, his voice paused, and his nerves rose in his stomach.

The definition of beauty in his eyes started with her. He had no experience with dates, boyfriends and girlfriends, or relationships in general. Auradon opened that up for him, and it opened him up to her. He wanted to tell her everything. The wand, their parents, all of it. He wanted to tell her that he wouldn't do it. He wouldn't ruin the life that they all have and could have. He wanted to have her in his life somehow. His mother, evil, he would forget it all. But he couldn't, and he knew he couldn't. His mom, his friends, he felt he had something to prove. Stealing the wand is what he has to do, no matter what.

He still had to use her to get close to the wand. He didn't want to, but he had to.

"Carlos, you okay?" Thea asked. Carlos had spaced out for the time she waited, so she was now standing back in front of him.

"Yeah, um." Carlos cleared his throat, regaining his composure. "Would you, maybe, like to go on a...date with me?" Carlos spoke. He soon realized he said 'date' as he saw Thea's eyes widened.

"Or not a date! We can just hangout for a little bit, you know what, forget it, it's-"

"Carlos!" Thea spoke above him.

"Yes?"

"I would love to."

"Alright, how about 7:00?"

"Great." Thea agreed, smiling from ear to ear, Carlos claiming the smile as it was contagious.

"You should get to the game."

"Yeah, I'll uh, see you later?"

"Yeah."

——————————————————————————
edited.