Chapter one

Italic is dinosaur talk.
Bold and Italic is human talk.

The sun rose on the quiet island called Isle Nublar and a ray of it slowly made its way onto a nest that had four sleeping Raptors, there was one with a blue stripe down her body on one side. She opened her eyes and slowly stood up, giving a yawn and looking around. She gave a squeak out and turned to her sisters that were still sleeping.

"Come on. We need to get some food." Blue squeaked out after gently letting out a squawk.

"No. Go back to bed." Delta groaned as she opened her eyes to look at her wide eyed sister.

"No. We know how that turns out if we sleep late. I am not missing out again!" Blue growled and nudged them, before backing up and continuing to growl.
The other three raptors let out a groan and stood up, shaking off their sleep.

"Fine. Where to?" Charlie asked, looking around. It was rather quiet where they had set their nest, they don't remember what happened but there were bits of buildings scattered everywhere, broken down fences. They didn't get quite why, other then when they hatched, they had to run.
Blue sniffed the air and waited to catch a scent, a few moments passed by and she caught onto one.

"Hopefully today is going to be fish!" Blue squawked out and turned to run towards the river nearby where she had picked up the scent. The other raptors followed their sister close behind, they knew that Blue was the boss of the four of them, so if Blue knew it was safe they trusted her.

They reached the river after a few minutes of running, Blue came to a halt and squeaked to her sisters warningly.

"Be careful.....The rex is here.....We have to wait." Blue said, looking over her shoulder at her sisters. They all gave a squeak out before backing up into the darkness of the trees as the Rex started to head their way, they all ducked behind the bushes that were high enough to hide them. Once the Rex had passed, Blue got up first and told her sisters to stay in place, she stepped out of the hiding place and looked around. She turned and squeaked for the others to come out. Charlie, Delta and Echo all came out and followed her down to the river.

"Now, you all rememeber what to do?" Blue asked as she lowered her head to the river.

"Yes." Delta and Charlie called, copying the actions.

"No...." Echo said quietly and stayed at the top of the bank. She was the slower one of them all, not with speed of running, but learning. It took her longer to learn things then the other two when Blue tried to teach them things she had picked up from the Rex.

"Come here." Blue squeaked softly to her younger sister and placed a fish on the ground for her. "Take that. I don't want us to be here too long incase that Rex comes back." She replied as Echo made her way down to Blue.

"I'm sorry I'm slow." Echo replied as she took the fish and began to tear into it.

"You're not slow. You are just learning still." Blue nudged her sister to comfort her.

"But Charlie and Delta know how to do it. And I still don't." Echo squeaked sadly and looked down, her claw tapping the grass gently.

"That doesn't mean you aren't good Echo." Charlie spoke up as she finished her fish and also nudged her.

Echo gave a soft nod to them and squeaked in reply before they all stopped in their tracks when they heard a noise. Blue growled warningly and worringly.

"Into the grass now!" Blue squarked in a hurry, heading back up the river bank towards the bush they had earlier hidden in.

Once all the raptors were inside the grass and ducked, the long grass hiding them, Blue kept her head slightly rose so she could see what was going on, it wasn't loud stomping noises like the Rex and a lot of others dinosaurs gave off, they were small footsteps but not quite light as theirs. The leader of the raptors tilted her head with a grunt as the sound got closer. She lowered her head when the strange sound came into sight.
Walking in front of them was a strange looking creature on two legs, Blue then again tilted her head confused.

"What is that?" Delta asked, just as confused as the others.

"I'm not sure." Blue replied and stepped out once the strange creature got a little more in front of her, she followed him closely but stayed hidden.

"I wonder where they are." The person said as he walked along the river bank. He stopped in his tracks when he came across a fish carcess that had a few bites marks missing. He bent down and began examine it. "They are close." He mumbled, putting the fish carcess back down and looking around. He gave a small whistle and chuckled. Blue instantly chirped to the whistle before quickly lowering herself again and scattering into the bushes. The person turned to the sound and looked around, giving the whistle out again. Blue returned the chirp back followed by Echo, Charlie and Delta.

"Stop chirping!" Blue said to her sisters.

"You're doing it too!" Delta replied and nipped her Blue's neck.

The two older raptors began to scrap a little before they all stopped in their tracks when the person moved the bushes out the way and saw them all.

"Oh my goodness! There you are!" The person grinned, carefully reaching to touch them.
Blue gave out a loud growl and nipped towards his hand, warning him off. Owen chuckled and watched them with a smile. He knew they were safe but he never expected to see them alive and thriving. The four raptors scattered off back to their nest before Owen had a chance to try and stroke them again.

Authors note: This is a little different. I hope you like it!