Chapter Five

.............................

A few weeks had passed since Owen had arrived at the Island and met the Raptors, he had watched them grow a little and helped them train, he knew he was due to leave today. He sighed and was packing his stuff up, a few stray tears falling, he didn't really want to leave his raptors here on their own to defend themselves, but he knew he had to. He shifted and started to pick up a shirt to chuck it into his bag when he suddenly felt weight on it, he came out of his trance and looked over seeing Blue who was a bit bigger then she was few weeks back when he first met them. She gave her Alpha a happy chirp and nudged his hand, she then noticed something was different about him, he wasn't his happy self.

"Something's wrong." The Raptor mumbled to herself and nuzzled his hand which recieved in her getting a gentle touch back in return. She scanned him again for a few seconds before looking down at what he was doing, she noticed the mess he left had gone and his clothes had gone apart from the ones he left out for them to use a nest. She looked back up at the man, her yellow eyes blinking slowly before tilting her head on the side. "Is he leaving us?" She questioned unsure.

Owen gave out a soft strained laugh before turning to face her on his knees. "I'm sorry Blue....I've got to go away for a bit. And sadly I have to leave you all here." He spoke to the Beta in the group and continued to stroke her head gently.

Blue let out a bark understanding him and hurling herself forward to his knee, nuzzling it and chirping and whimpering. She didn't want her Alpha and helper to go, she wanted him to stay. But she also kinda understood why he needed to leave, he needed to go and be with his own kind too. She took a hold of his knee with her front paws and held onto him for a little while before stepping back and glancing back up to him with a nod.

Owen guessed she understood him and sighed, getting to his feet and putting his bag on his back, he gave a last whistle to the four of them to get their attention. Blue barked towards them too, making the other three stop what they were doing and come and stand in front of him.

"Is it more training today?" Echo asked, rather excited since she had been doing so well recently. Blue didn't answer and continued to stare at her Alpha.

"Blue...." Delta stepped forward and nudged her sibling.

"What? Oh no.....He's having to leave." Blue chirped out sadly to them.

"LEAVE?!" The three other raptors replied together.

"Yes. He needs to go and see his own kind. But I know he will come back. We have to be happy for him, otherwise it will be harder for him to go." Blue stated, glancing over her shoulder at them before turning back to Owen who gave her a gentle nod. The other three stared their sibling before turning to their trainer and giving out sad chirps and barks to him. Owen watched as they did and gave out a sad chuckle, he was biting back the tears for his babies. He started heading towards the docks, the Raptors in close pursuit. Once they reached the docks, Owen brought out his small boat from where he was hiding it, before giving out a gasp, the boat had been tore up by some Dinosaur, he frowned and ran a hand through his hair.

"God damn it!" He yelled and threw his bag to the floor, making all four raptors jump back in worry. Blue scanned the boat and chirped inquisitive, she stepped forward and jumped onto the boat, sniffing around to see if she could pick anything up. The others joined her while Owen stayed at the side watching them, he scanned the motor and saw it was destroyed by something with brute force.

"I've got something." Blue barked to her siblings and Owen.

"What is it?" Charlie questioned, tilting her head.

"It was something big but something that liked water." Blue replied and turned to face the other side, she saw a few tracks in the sand and jumped down next to them, barking for Owen's attention. Owen noticed and hurried over to the other side of the boat, kneeling down to check out the footprints. He studied them closely and glanced up to see where they were leading.

"I would like to check it out, but let's not chance it. I need to find the main building, there has to be a phone or something that still works." Owen said to the raptors and got to his feet, dusting the sand off his knees. He picked his bag back up and placed it back around his back before heading towards where the main building used to be, again the Raptors in hot pursuit of his ankles. He looked around all the broken building, some he could possibly get in, others were a no go, some he might be okay to send his raptors in, if they listened. The four siblings were running to each building and sniffing around to see if they could pick anything up for their trainer.

"This is harder then I thought." Blue muttered before stopping in her tracks when she heard something unfriendly coming from the building she was near. She chirped lowly and looked over to where the noise came from, she lowered her head and backed up slowly, her tail swishing. The other three noticed her stance and hurried over to give her back up. Out of the crumbled building came the creature that had broken Owen's boat, she stood tall and stared down at the babies.

"I see your still alive." The creature mumbled and swished her tail.

Blue gave a warning growl. "Stay away from us!" She snapped, getting knocked over by the creature with one small push.

"Hey watch it!" Echo growled and showed her teeth.

Owen turned to the commontion and saw the creature, his mouth dropped open. Stood in front of the four young raptors was a Baryonyx, her teeth baring at the four of them. He gave a worried whistle which made the four of them hurry over to him and stand behind him. The Baryonyx watched them and turned to face Owen, lowering herself a little and never breaking eye contact with him. Owen needed to distract her or something otherwise they were all her food.

................................