Chapter Four

..........................

Italic is dinosaur talk
Bold is human talk

Owen woke the next day and looked around, he let out a quiet groan and rubbed his eyes, turning to face the reptiles that were still asleep on him, he gave a warm smile before noticing one was missing. He frowned and looked around the place for any sign of her, nothing could be seen. Where has she gone? He questioned to himself, before nudging the three sleeping Raptors awake.
Blue shook herself as she woke to the nudge and looked up at the Trainer, her head tilting to the side. She watched as Owen pointed down to her other two siblings who were slowly waking from their slumber to, to see if she would notice.

"Echo!" Blue chirped, noticing she wasn't any where to be seen, she jumped from the man's arm and let out a calling to her lost sibling, the other two quickly joining in once they noticed. Owen rose to his feet and looked down at the three worried reptiles. "Come on. We have to find her!" He said to the Raptors and hurried outside. The baby siblings followed him and started sniffing around to try and get her scent.

"Anything?" Blue asked Delta and Charlie.

"I've got nothing!" Charlie replied and turned to Blue.

"No me either." Delta frowned.

"Where could she of gotten too? She's too young!" Blue said worringly.

"Blue, she is only a few minutes younger then me." Delta replied and nudged her older sister.

"She is younger though!" Blue replied and growled, nipping her sister angrily.

Delta and Charlie backed up from Blue and growled lowly back to her.

"HEY!" Owen butted in to the arguing siblings, putting his hands in between them to calm them. "We will find her!" He told them, glancing at the floor, a few moments later, he noticed small tracks leading away from the building they were sleeping in. "Over here." He whistled, bending down to the tracks. Blue and others followed the man and looked down at the tracks leading into the forest.

"Let's sniff it out!" Blue said as she lent sniffing the tracks, she let out a bark and ran into the forest, her siblings following her. Owen quickly followed them, throwing his bag on his back.

Meanwhile with Echo, she was walking through the densed forest, her head down and her tail trailing against the forest floor, small sad chirps came from her as she walked. Her thoughts was interrupted by the sounds of chirps, but they weren't her sisters chirps, they were louder sounds. She stopped in her tracks and looked around, her tail wrapping around her leg for safety, it was something she had done since she was born. Out of the long grass and bushes came three Dilophosaurs, they had been hunting her for a bit and finally caught up to her once she stopped running, they growled lowly and bent down into a stance, their frills came into their attack formation. Echo backed up and let out a worried whimper, she had never been in a situation like this before without Blue leading her.

"Please don't hurt me." Echo whimpered out.

"Why are you on your own? Where are your siblings?" The middle Dilophosaur asked, chuckling a little as they watched her every move.

"Asleep....Last time I saw..." Echo replied and lowered her head scared.

"Scared are we?" The middle Dilophosaur growled and stepped foward, the other two staying in their place.

"No......No...." Echo gulped out and continued to back up, when she stopped by a large rock.

The three Dilophosaurus crowded her and stalked her every move.

"No where to go. No where to run. You are ours now!" The leader of them spoke and stepped towards her again, slowly closing the gap.

Echo let out a loud bark, hoping someone mainly her siblings would hear. She noticed as they got closer that no one was coming, she curled into herself and closed her eyes waiting for the teeth or the spit of the dinosaurs to hit her. The Dilophosaurus chuckled at her and went to go in for the kill when they were stopped by Echo's siblings jumping in front and growling.

"Bring it on!" The leader of the Dilophosaur growled and launched at them.

Charlie, Delta and Blue began fighting the other dinosaurs, Blue managing to get the leader to the floor and scratching her belly. Blood and roars were made as they continued to fight, Echo watching from where she was in fear. Owen hurried into the fight and picked Echo up, holding her close. "Your okay." Owen said softly, stroking her scaly skin. After a few more minutes the fight broke apart and the Dilophosaurs ran off into the long grass again, their pride and bodies hurt from what had happened, The three Raptors panted and turned to face Owen, who gently put Echo back on the floor, her three siblings ran over to and nuzzling her softly and chirping gently at her.

"Why did you run off?" Blue asked softly and nuzzled her sister more.

"Because I am a let down." Echo squawked and backed away from her siblings again.

"No. You aren't!" Charlie and Delta replied in sync and nipped at her softly.

Owen watched them and guessed that Echo was feeling a little sad and left out, he bent down to them.
"I can help you..." Owen spoke to the four siblings and looked at them, he guessed they couldn't understand him.

Blue looked at him and tilted her head before nodding and nudging her his hand.

"Thank you." Owen grinned at the leader and looked at the other three. They squawked out in reply to him and went back to nuzzling Echo.

"Please don't run off again." Blue said softly to Echo.

"I'm sorry......" Echo replied and enjoyed the touch, Charlie and Delta groomed Echo softly to comfort her.

Owen gave a whistle to get their attention with a smile. "Let's go back to the building and we can start." He said and clicked his clicker to them, which made all the Raptors wag their tail and raise their heads to show they were showing attention. He watched them all in awe before leading them back to the building to start the training.

Aurthors note: Thank you for taking your time to read it, hope your enjoying it!