Chapter 10

......................................

Owen smiled down at his raptors, seeing that Blue was also looking better then she did last night, he gave them all his breakfast before sighing softly and looking around. Today they needed to go back to where Hoskins were and try and get a boat so he could go home. Well mainly he did, the Raptors would have to stay here, it really wouldn't be safe for them. He bent to their level and they came over with little chirps and barks at him. He gave a small but sad smile over at them.

"I'm going to have to go. I need to get a boat home. You are going to have to stay here. Stay!" He said gently to the raptors who tilted their heads but backed away from him, they knew what he wanted. They chirped sadly as he left the camp without another word, it was already killing him.

"Shouldn't we go with him?" Delta asked as she stepped forward to chase Owen.

"No. He wants us to stay here. It's for the best....." Blue spoke sadly and lay back down with a huff.

"You mean he's going to go without saying bye?" Charlie frowned a little and turned to Blue.

"It's easier for all of us that we aren't there." Blue replied and looked at her siblings who all had lowered their tails between their legs and were now looking down. She let out a small sigh and turned to curl up. "We survived without him before, we will do it again." She spoke after a moment.

Her siblings watched her closely and slowly nodded in reply, they lay back down next her and rested their heads together. All around them they could hear chirps and roars of other dinosaurs, some louder then others and some sounding scarier then others. Blue knew that the rex was about and could easily have them for her dinner, she would have to move her siblings soon to a safer place once more, just until they were all big enough and old enough to fight the dangers that the Island held. She watched her siblings rest and listened out for any voices of humans, Owens or those men that hurt her.

About an hour passed and there was no sign of the man again, Blue got up from her resting place and turned to her sisters.

"I know we weren't going to see him, but I would like to check if he got off okay." Blue admitted after a moment, her sisters head raised up at the statment and all nodded in agreement, to be honest, they wanted to know if he was okay too. They all rose to stand and Blue led the way back to the camp where the other humans were. Once they reached there, Blue chirped for them to stay behind, hidden for a moment while she checked if the area was safe for them. She stepped out of the bush and looked around, there was no signs of the humans or Owen. She chirped and raised her snout in the air, sniffing the area. They had all been here recently, including Owen but yet they were no where to be seen, stuff of theirs lay around and a few Compy's seemed to be making a heck of a time out of the things on the floor. Blue gave a small chuckle at what the smaller carnivores were doing, they deserved it for what they caused, she turned to where her sisters were hiding and chirped out to them, letting them know the coast is clear. Delta stepped out first, followed by Charlie and Echo, they all looked around at the place.

"Any sign of him?" Charlie asked.

"No nothing, but no sign of them either." Blue chirped back and clicked a little.

"I wonder what happened to them." Charlie frowned a little. It was a little unusal quiet, except for the Compy's squawking and chewing things.

Delta and Echo began to look around the camp, jumping onto the boat. They sniffed around for any sign of anyone or anything. Blue and Charlie checked the ground for them, Blue glanced over at a dock that seemed to look like it had a boat there. She squawked to tell her siblings before running over to check it out. She sniffed the boards of the dock and swished her tail, her snout picking up scents of the humans and Owen's.

"He was here!" Blue chirped and continued to sniff the boards, before spotting a rope that had been cut. "I think he got away.....And is on his way home!" She smiled at her sisters and barked in celebration. The others copied her and came running over to her, they all nuzzled each other before they suddenly felt tired. One by one they fell to the dock, Blue was the last one to fall asleep, all she saw as her vision blurred was Hoskins and his men, she dropped the dock ontop of her sisters and everything went blank.

"Cage them up boys! Were taking these home with us!" Vic laughed and lent against his boat as his men collected the raptors into another cage, he had noticed his spare boat had gone, but he knew Owen wouldn't allow his precious raptors to be sold. He grinned evily and placed his hands together as he thought of the money they could get for these creatures. The guards put the raptors onto the boat and prepared to go back to the mainland, the Compys by now had scattered and hid away from the three men, no where to be seen. "Wait till Owen gets a load of these." Vic chuckled out to his guards and started the boat once things were packed away and back on the boat. They made their way back to the Mainland, the Raptors still sleeping.