Chapter Seven

............................

Owen and his raptors were quiet the rest of the journey to the dock, Owen was trying to figure out a way to get him and the raptors free, he glanced around as they arrived at the docks and he noticed that it was only a few people, Vic and a few guards. This should be easier for him to escape then, although if he could keep a boat to the side, maybe he could use that to go home in. The truck came to a stop with it's squeaky breaks and Vic started getting out, placing his gun around his chest and holding it as he did. Owen got out carefully too and scanned the area again, the guards that had grabbed him before were to interested in sorting out a few bits, he turned to Vic and cleared his throat.

"I would get those breaks seen to. You don't want to end up in having to get away from something on here and your breaks giving in." Owen spoke and carefully made his way round to the door that opened on the cage of his raptors, he stood still when Vic turned to him with a frown.

"The truck had a full check before we came, it's healthy." Vic murmured and rolled his eyes at the trainer, glancing at the raptors for a moment with an evil smirk. "Just think what those beautys will get us." He chuckled and clutched his gun closer to him.

"You do know they are killing machines." Owen growled and looked over at Blue who was watching Owen's every move. They had learnt over the last few weeks, some silence commands, if Owen gave a certain look or movement with his hands to them, it meant something.

"Once you help us get them trained up and they are bigger, they will help us with the Military." Vic smirked and nodded to him as if that was a good idea.

"That is the most stupidiest idea, I've ever heard. They listen to me and they know I'm the Alpha, but that doesn't mean I own them." Owen spat and placed his hand on the cage carefully near the lock.

Vic watched Owen's hand before looking back at Owen's face. "They will be amazing once they are older and faster then our troops now!" He spoke and folded his arms. "Your not going to get in that cage without a key. Don't worry though, we aren't leaving till morning anyway. So your precious raptors can see their home once more before they come back with us." He chuckled and walked over to Owen, patting him on the shoulder. He gave a whistle and two guards came over to him. "Put those raptors where we can see them while we make camp." He told them, sitting Owen down on a log.
Owen huffed and watched where the guards took his raptors closely. The two armed men carried the cage over to a small area where they could be seen, it was near the boat, they placed the cage down and Blue flew at them, barking and screeching. One of them chuckled and used his taser on Blue, making her cry out in pain and fall back. Her siblings watched in horror and turned to face them, growling and standing in front of Blue to protect her.

"HEY WATCH IT!" Owen snapped at the guards, hurrying over to the cage before being grabbed by them and taken back to the log.

"She'll be fine." Vic chuckled a little, sitting across from Owen with a smirk always plastered across his face.

Back in the cage when the guards had left, the three siblings turned to Blue and nuzzled her.

"Blue come on.....Get up." Delta whimpered out and nibbled her neck to try and wake her.
Blue didn't response to her siblings and lay still, her breathing steady.

"Blue please!" Charlie and Echo barked softly and looked at each other worringly. When Blue didn't respone, Echo turned to where Owen and the others were sat and let out a help screech. Owen quickly looked over and frowned, seeing Blue wasn't moving.

"Look what you've done!" Owen spat and turned to the guard that had done it.
Vic stood up and held Owen's shoulder before he decided to do anything, he turned to the other guard and tilted his head towards the cage to go and have a look. The guard let out a grumble and walked over to the cage, unlocking it and carefully trying to reach for Blue without letting the others out. He picked up the raptor and brought her out of the cage, closing the door but forgetting to watch it. He brought her in for a closer look and noticed she was breathing gently, when all of a sudden Blue opened her eyes and turned to bite him, she gripped onto his nose with her razor sharp teeth and let out a muffled screech for her siblings to run. She noticed that he hadn't locked the door, all they needed to do was push it open. The guard let out a loud scream and grabbed Blue, trying to coax her off his nose.

Charlie pushed the door open with the other two and jumped down, turning to look at the Vic and the other guard who were heading their way. "Into the bushes!" Charlie snapped and headed into the long grass and bushes, the other two following her. Blue let go and managed to squirm away from him before the other guard reached them, she also headed into the grass, meeting up with her siblings.

"Go going. But let's get out of here!" Delta said with a huff. Blue agreed with her before glancing back over the grass to see where Owen was, he had managed to get away while Blue was causing the distraction. Without a sound apart from their steps the raptors ran into the forest.

"Forget it." Vic said to the two guards who were about to chase them. "We will get them in the morning." He shook his head before turning back to the camp and noticing Owen had gone. "GRADY!" He yelled and kicked the ground, the two guards keeping their distance from him.

Meanwhile with Owen he had made his way into the forest and wasn't stopping until he knew he wasn't followed, he gave a quick glance behind him and saw that nothing had followed him, he stopped and lent forward, resting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. He thought of his raptors and took a deep breath. "Worth a shot..." He murmured and gave a whistle out, hoping that the raptors were near enough to hear him, he gave it a few moments before hearing a familar squawk and few barks. He smiled and turned to where the sound came from, out of the grass came his raptors. "Good girls." He said, bending down and patting them gently on the head, the raptors looked up at him and wagged their tails, their mouths slightly open as if they were smiling at him. He reached in his pack and pulled out some meat treats, handing it to them, which the raptors happily chowed down on. He rose back to his feet and noticed that Blue who normally ate quicker then her siblings was slower and wobbling a little on her feet as if she was losing her balance.
"Blue come to me." Owen said stepping away, so she had a bit of a distance to walk to him. The Beta looked up from her meat and walked over to him, showing a limp on her left leg, she let out a pained bark and whimper.

"She's hurt!" Echo barked sadly.

"He will help her." Charlie said, trying to reassure her siblings.

Owen frowned and came towards Blue so she wouldn't have to walk any more, he lowered his self down to her and scanned where she had hurt. "I'll fix you up." He calmly told her, picking her up as she was still small enough to hold in his arms. "Come on girls." He said to the others and started to walk away to find somewhere to set up for the night and before it got to dark for him to see.

................................