Chapter 9

.............................................

The stomps grew louder as the four raptors squeaked and made their way towards Owen, what on earth could it be? Could it be the Rex or worse. Owen frowned and stood in front of the four raptors to protect them, he really didn't want anything else to happen to them. Pushing pass the trees and bushes and letting out a loud roar, came a herd of Parasaurs, they glanced at Owen as they passed through his camp, letting out little groans and looking down at the Raptors.
The raptors continued to stay behind Owen for protection as they were a little bit still too small to even pounce on them and with Blue hurt, it wouldn't go down well. The Parasaurs continued to walk on without a problem, having no reason to fear humans at the moment, Owen watched in awe as they walked away from him and grinned. He really did love dinosaurs, they really were amazing and unqiue. Once they were out of view, he looked down at the raptors and bent down to pat their heads softly.

"They won't hurt us." Owen said softly to them to try and relax them. Now all that he needed to do was to devise a plan on how to get a boat and go home, once he knew his raptors were safe. He sat down on his makeshift bed and began to think about, meanwhile the siblings climbed onto the bed beside him and relaxed at his sides, sleeping soundly. He came out of his own thought for a moment to look at what was happening beside him and smiled peacefully. He had to admit, he had done a lot more with these raptors then he would of done in the holding facility, as he has all the time in the world for them and isn't being watched by over cautious guards. He sighed happily and closed his eyes to also rest, his plan could wait a few more days, he knew Vic wouldn't give up that easy anyway and he needed to send that horrid man back to the Mainland with no dinosaurs on board, especially his raptors. He placed his arms gently around the raptors and brought them closer to him as he slowly drifted into a slumber.

"Blue. Are you okay now?" Delta questioned, lifting her head up as the other two were sleeping.

"Yeah....I'm sorry for being such a....Well a raptor." Blue replied with a small chirp.

"Just because your injured, doesn't mean anything." Delta said softly, reassuring her. "I'm sure, like he said after a few days, you'll be back to leading us." She chuckled and lay her head to face Blue.

"Do you ever think of what it would be like to have parents?" Blue suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Yes....Actually I do." Delta admitted and swished her tail. "All the time." She replied and sighed.

"I do wonder what it would of been like." Blue chirped and sighed. "That is also why I am so over protective....I'm trying to be the parent." She admitted after a moment.

"You don't have to do that, we are old enough to take care of ourselves. We need to take care of each other." Delta said and sighed softly. "I've watched herds of herbivours go pass us when we are hiding and seeing young ones with their parents." She said after a moment, looking into the darkness.

"Yes I get what you mean, I think they do to." Blue said, meaning Charlie and Echo.

"Do you think we could live on this thing they call mainland?" Delta questioned her and tilted her head.

"No.....I really don't think we would of been able to, we will grow and our instincts will get better. It's best for us to be here." Blue admitted and shook her head at the thought. "Plus I don't think we would be accepted." She then said, glancing over at Delta.

Delta nodded in reply after a moment and sighed, shifting to get comfy. Soon both her and Blue had fell into a slumber to, joining the others.

The next morning Owen was awoken by the bright sunshine, he groaned and rubbed his eyes and sat up, trying to not disturb the still sleeping raptors. He climbed off his bed and stretched out, turning to make his breakfast, he yawned and groaned. It was a little uncomfy sleeping down here but it was the best he could do for now. He sighed and continued to cook some breakfast before eating. After he had finished, he glanced into his bag and saw that his food was running low, he hadn't planned on staying as long as he did, he needed some new food or something and right now he couldn't count on his beloved raptors, they were too small at the moment. He was snapped out of thought when he heard chirps from his bed, he turned to face the noise with a smile, as his raptors slowly began to wake from their slumber.

Authors note: Sorry this one is a little bit short and all over, I'm working on my other one at the moment too!