Chapter 8

............................

Owen had got to a new place where he hoped that Vic couldn't find him, he placed a few things down and picked up the injured Raptor in his hands again, glancing at her leg.

"I can fix this." Owen murmured and got a bottle of water he had recieved off the guards and poured some onto a ripped piece of fabric, he then started to dab the injured part on her leg, the other raptors watching what was going on closely to their sibling. Owen continued to work the best on her leg that he could, after a moment he backed away from his work and smiled a little. It wasn't the best but it would help the leg heal for now. "No hunting for you for a few days Blue." He said gently to her as he patted her head to soothe her. Blue let out an annoyed chirp and swished her tail in reply.

"No hunting! Is he crazy?!" Blue snapped and snorted.

"It's for your own good Blue. You could hardly keep up with us when we were running away from them!" Charlie replied with a small chuckle and nuzzled her sister.

"I was not limping......" Blue murmured and growled lowly.

"Of course not." Delta rolled her eyes at her sister and turned to her siblings. "We should rest for now." She said, walking over to a corner and starting to make a nest. Echo and Charlie hurried over to Delta and began to help her happily. Owen watched the other three before looking at the frustrated Blue, her tail was swishing more and growls were escaping her throat.

"It won't be long." Owen cooed at the little raptor and chuckled as he made his bed. From that comment he recieved a bark in return from Blue and she turned away from him, curling up. He gave another chuckle and shook his head, placing a blanket over her, he would not normally do this but considering her sisters were in a different nest and gave each other warmth, he needed to make sure she stayed warm. "Rest up. Your leg will be better before you know it." He said calmly before getting himself into the little bed he made and rested up.

The next morning, Owen woke up to the sounds of herds close by, he groaned and rubbed his eyes tiredly, standing up. He stretched out and turned to look at the raptors, they were still sleeping peacefully, he gave a soft smile out at them and decided to start making up some grub for them all, humming softly as he made a fire to cook the grub on. Blue woke to the smell of smoke and food cooking, she chirped out and looked over at what Owen was doing, she watched the man intently as he cooked the meat, small growls escaping her lips as she continued to watch him. Owen heard her growling and turned to face her.

"Morning grumpy." Owen smirked as he placed a piece of meat in front of her.

Blue sniffed it carefully and looked up at him with a snort before beginning to eat the slab of meat.

Owen shook his head at her and placed three other pieces of meat by the sleeping siblings side before continuing to make his own breakfast. After he was finished he sat down to eat his food and listened to the herds around him.

Blue turned to her siblings who had woke up to the smell of fresh meat and were eating their pieces. "Why did you sleep away from me? I'm not diseased!" She growled towards them, her lip raised.

"We slept away from you, to make sure none of us hurt your leg even more Blue." Delta replied, gulping down some meat and looking up at her.

"My leg is fine!" Blue snapped. "Watch!" She growled as she tried to stand up, only to fall from her leg not wanting weight on it. She growled louder frustrated.

"Blue, you don't have to prove anything to us! Stop it." Echo spoke up with fresh blooded lips.

"When a raptor gets hurt, they get killed by the others in the pack!" Blue snarled and tried to stand up again. "I show you my weakness and you will kill me." She snapped at her siblings, making them all stare at her in shock.

"Where on earth have you heard or seen that?! There are no other raptors on this island!" Charlie growled in return, shaking her head. "We wouldn't even dare think about killing you, you are our sister and Beta!" She replied and shook her head.

Blue stared back at her sisters, her lip raised still as small growls escaped her lips, she studied her siblings and looked down after a moment. "I'm sorry." She muttered after a moment of silence between them.

"We aren't like the other raptors before us and other herd animals, we are different." Delta said before going to back to feeding.

Owen had watched the commontion between the raptors and guessed that Blue had said something to them to make them react like they did, he couldn't understand them, all he could hear from them was barks, chirps, growls and snarls, he finished his food and continued to listen to the other herds around them, the raptors were getting older so there would be more arguements and spats between them, he knew this was due to come and he would just have to wait for them to be over unless it got to bad that he would have to intervene between them, though he hoped that it wouldn't be for a while from him. Once Blue was better and could handle her weight, he would go back to where Vic was and try and get a boat from them and go back to his home and Claire to update her on the Raptors, he sighed slightly to himself, he wished that Claire had come with him but he did understand on why she didn't, she also did beg him not to come here and yet against her wishes, he did, something he did often, though he never meant it and always tried to make it up to her. He just wished that he brought something to commincate with her at least, he ran a hand through his hair and frowned as the chirps of the Raptors quietened down.
Stomping could be heard nearby and the herds that Owen heard earlier had stopped making sounds, he frowned a little and looked back at the Raptors, they were showing signs that something was near them.