Chapter Two

Italic is Dinosaur speak
Bold is human speak

Blue and her sisters managed to find their way back to their nest, Blue squawking to make sure that they were all in before she joined in.

"This is a new threat." Blue warned her sisters, chirping and sniffing the air.

"I don't know....He seemed harmless." Charlie said, tilting her head to the side as she thought of the human.

"Nothing! Nothing can be trusted Charlie!" Blue snapped and nipped her sisters neck as a warning, which made Charlie back up behind Delta and Echo.

What they didn't know is that Owen had followed them and was watching their nest from a distance, he was sat behind a bush, staying out of their way. He watched closely and noted down their behaviour with each other, he also noted that the one with the blue stripe was the leader of the four. He chuckled and continued to watch them, he was in awe the way they were with each other and how they were thriving so well.

"We need to stay away from him.....I have a bad feeling of him!" Blue spoke after a moment and shook her head.

"What if he followed us?" Echo spoke up, before lowering her head. None of the siblings liked it when Blue lost her anger, but they know she did it for their protection.

"I will go out and look after, right now we are staying here." Blue stated and lay down.
The other siblings settled behind Blue and curled into each other to keep the warmth. They then began to drift back off into a sleep, Blue stayed awake to keep a watch over them, she let out a sigh and looked around the nest. She knew they would need a bigger one soon or at least build a bigger one, but where would they go. She got up quietly and jumped out of the nest, sniffing the ground and looking around when she just caught a new smell.

"What is that?" Blue mumbled to herself, glancing back at her sisters who were sound asleep. She let out a small chirp as a groan and followed the smell, she needed to keep her siblings safe and find out what this smell was, she reached the bush that Owen was hiding behind and started sniffing in the air before sniffing at the ground again, she chirped and bent her head to the side when she noticed a piece of paper. She gave a warning growl towards it, but then noticed it wasn't reacting, she sniffed it again and took a hold of it in her mouth, running back towards the nest.
Meanwhile Owen had stayed silent while Blue was so close to him, he didn't want to scare her off again when he was getting so much information from them.

"Wow.....She is the leader......She's the alpha." Owen mumbled to himself as he wrote it down in his notebook. He flipped his pages and noticed one of his pages were missing, before glancing back up at the baby raptor running back to the nest with his paper in her mouth. He chuckled a little and continued to watch them in awe. He had always loved raptors from when he was a little boy, they were his favourite dinosaurs so this was a like a dream come true for him.

Blue arrived back at the nest and placed the paper in the nest, she tilted her head and studied it. Delta opened her eyes and let out a squeak yawn, looking over at her sister.

"What is that Blue?" Delta asked with a confused look.

"I found it. I'm not sure." Blue replied back, continuing to stare at the paper. "It's very different to what we use." She said after a moment.

"Are we going to use it for a bigger nest?" Delta asked quietly, stepping over her still sleeping siblings to join Blue and look at the paper.

"How do you know we need a bigger nest?" Blue asked, turning her attention to Delta.

"Blue, it's obvious." Delta said. "When we go on hunts, I watch you looking at new places."

Blue let out a growl sigh and lowered her head. "Yes we are needing a bigger nest, we are getting bigger everyday." She chirped at her sister and nudged her softly.

"Well we could go and look for one when they wake up." Delta suggested, looking around after a moment. Blue nodded and chirped softly, before settling herself down. "Blue rest." Delta then said after a moment and looked down at her. "I can keep watch." She replied.

"You sure?" Blue asked and curled up into herself.

"Yes I'm sure." Delta nuzzled Blue before turning to keep watch, she sniffed the air and the ground, catching the same smell as Blue did earlier. She growled lowly, not loud enough to wake Blue back up, she carefully followed the smell that led towards Owen.
Owen noticed that one of the other siblings had come near him, he stayed still again. Delta came under the bushes and spotted Owen this time, she growled and lowered her head, backing up slowly.

"Easy girl." Owen whispered to the raptor, trying to not scare her. He wanted to hold his hand out so she could sniff it but if he did that, he could lose it or at least come out with a very injured hand. Delta continued to growl and back up, her tail low as she watched him. She quickly turned and hurried back towards the nest, squawking a warning out, the sound woke her siblings up.

"Delta what's wrong?" Blue asked, nudging her soflty.

"He's here! He's over near the bush!" Delta cried out.
Blue growled at the saying and looked over at the bush where Owen was coming out of it with his hands held in a defensive position as he tried to show them that he meant no harm, the four raptors backed up and growled towards him when all of a sudden there was a loud thud making them all stop.

Authors note: Hope your enjoying the story. Sorry if it's a little all over in this chapter haha.