𝐈𝐈, 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓

A SICK SILENCE FELL OVER THE THRONE ROOM AS THE FUTURE QUEEN LEFT, AS IF ALL THE LIFE WAS DRAINED FROM THE KING'S FACES BECAUSE OF HER ABSENCE.

Aro's lips pursed solemnly as he imagined what he would have to do with the law-breakers in the room. This was not going to be as easy as he once imagined. Not only were there going to be complications with his dear Carlisle, but he couldn't risk his standing with River. She had to be left in the dark. Just from one glance he knew she would want immortality, but it couldn't be given just yet. It wasn't the right time!

This bond came at an awkward time. Just like always, Aro would have to work around this fragile topic with grace.

Edward loathed the men in front of him. He'd only come to end his life, not to be put on trial. Bella would never expose the secrets of vampires, he knew that well enough. Aro had seen that when he looked through every crevice of his perfect memory. All the love, the bond, the emotion. He couldn't deny that the two of them were in love!

"You have to leave her alone, Aro," Edward said, knowing he was testing his luck with a man as powerful as Aro. "She doesn't belong here in Italy. She's an intern. You and your brothers have already had wives for thousands of years, why would she be of any interest to you?" He questioned before looking Aro directly in the eye. "You three aren't what she needs. You're no good for River. Wherever the Volturi go, they bring danger. Everything about you is dangerous."

A visible snap could be felt in Caius' form as he raged. "How dare you say such a thing about us! We are your kings!" The blonde king nearly shouted at the teenagers. "What gives you the right to say such a thing about us when you came here to expose our kind and force us into a genocide! You're the ones who are running around like headless chickens, unable to figure out what the bloody hell you're going to do with your stupid little human! Don't come at us for knowing how to stay safe and hidden, for being what we were meant to be instead of sticking to some failing sense of Christian morality."

"That is enough, brother," Aro gave an apologetic smile to the others and waved his hands in a call for order. Caius rolls his eyes at the only one in the room with the ability to calm him down, brushing some flower petals off of his expensive suit jacket. He hoped nothing could stain it.

As Aro and Marcus spoke amongst themselves in a language, Alice jerked in her footing as a vision came upon her. With her eyes widening, she looked to her brother in a silent plea for help. It felt so real, unlike many of the ones before. It felt like she was right there. Blood, so much blood. It pooled around the dainty feet of someone she knew. The crimson stain, the same from bodies of people she didn't know, piled one after the other in a gruesome pit of death. She couldn't get herself out of it; her grip on reality was fading.

"Alice?" Edward came over, tugging his girlfriend along, to check on his sister, who was visibly shaken by her vision. "It's just a potential future, nothing is set in stone."