𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘

THE WORLD THAT EXISTS FOR ME IS NOT THE ONE I WAS BORN INTO

I realized that when I turned, when I was told I wasn't human. Being in this trial and being forced to choose between a rock and a hard place also did that. Rosalie's look of despair during the entire thing made me second guess what I was doing. Because I was doing it to them, laying out these punishments.

This would mean that Emmett and Rosalie potentially couldn't visit their friends in Seattle. If they had any, which I was assuming that they did. Why else did they talk about going to Seattle every other weekend to have fun?

I was sure this would be a blow for anyone with a social life. It would be like me not being able to visit Jasper, or for Luna and Afton being ripped apart. Vampire social lives mattered.

Which is why this was the punishment. Isolation from an area fit the crime but also made people ask questions as to what happened. If they looked into it, they would find out that they'd harmed a group in the state and had to be forcibly kicked out via a failed hearing and eventually a trial.

Truly, Rosalie and Emmett did not deserve this. I just wished they had a better family than the one they had. Sometimes your siblings ruin things for you, it seems.

To say it kindly, the group did not take this information well. Bella resisted heavily, stating that she could not just not be in physical contact with her father. He would ask questions, apparently, and this was cruel and unjust. Alice also didn't like this, since Bella didn't, and Edward called it wrong. Tyrannical, cruel, rude, unable to be kept as a rule just for them.

To be frank, I didn't want to hear it and left the room before he could start insulting me personally. This wasn't the night- yes, night- we had taken that long- that I wanted to have. I needed some time with my books and my friends to prove to myself that everything that Edward had said and was thinking about me wasn't true.

The Cullens were to be kept in the furthest away guest quarters and since the place was under lockdown, we made the decision that they weren't to leave their rooms. Except for Bella, who could only leave to go to the bathroom with a guard or to get some food, since she had been so long without food.

Jasper had been let into the guard quarters that night, having properly filled out the paperwork to leave the Cullens and to join the Volturi. Every member was happy to have him there. Wren had hugged and kissed him all over the face when she heard, from what Luna told me when she slipped into the library to ask if I wanted to take a break.

I didn't need a break, really, I just needed the ability to do my job properly. Whether or not this was the job I thought I would have is another question, but I did have this as my new job. Being Queen, having boyfriends, what a time I was having in Volterra.

A shiver went down my spine when I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned back, I was met with Wren, which felt much more like looking in a mirror than meeting the face of another person. The way she held herself was different from me, so it wasn't as uncanny as seeing someone exactly like me would be.