𝐗𝐗𝐈, 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐓

FOR THE PAST TWO HOURS I'D BEEN WATCHING JANE AND ALEC PLAY AIR HOCKEY

They were both cheating. Alec had grabbed the puck a few times, Jane had thrown things at him to distract her twin brother in order to score. It was funny, and I was sure that at least twice a puck was destroyed.

The funding in the castle towards fun and games was insane. All the latest consoles, mainly the Xbox 360 home. That was the best one. I'd been given one of the many game boys to use in my free time, but I'd played more Pokémon and GTA San Andreas on the Playstation.

Alec was a giddy boy that had somewhat warmed up to me over the past two days. Jane, however, was still terrified of my every word. I think she's concerned that I'd go back on my word, which I wouldn't. There is no need to kick this poor girl out of the Volturi for the mere crime of getting her head torn off by a vindictive ex Queen.

Many of the guards had spoken to me today, ones that I hadn't met before. Or, ones that I hadn't truly met other than the schedule incident when I first came, when I was very much human.

"CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME GOOD AT SOMETHING?" Alec screamed at his sister as he finally threw a piece of plastic back at her. Honestly, served her right, what was she expecting?

"NO," Jane screamed right back, as I suspected she usually did.

I didn't have any siblings, so I would never actually understand what it was like to scream and throw things at your sibling, but I knew that this was normal. I'd known people with siblings. Hell, the Cullens acted like a family, a twisted one, but a family nonetheless.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that from what Afton said, Jasper is quite a bit older than Esme.

Good lord.

Both Jane and Alec were screaming when I decided that hearing their sibling fight wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. They could sort it out themselves. They had five hours ago when they fought over whose game boy was whose. As well as when Alec was insistent that it was his time to play on the Playstation 2.

So, in order to get away from the noise, I walked out of the room, finding myself in the hallway at the West most side of the Clocktower. The Guard quarters were the closest place to the game room, but I wasn't looking to invade their privacy.

Getting used to the layout of this place was difficult to say the least.

"Where ya trying to get to?" Afton asked from my left side, peeking into the game room after. "Oh yeah, they're going at it again. I promise they're only like this when Daddy isn't home."

"I wouldn't know. This is the first time that Aro's been gone for me," I said honestly, knowing that Afton didn't take himself too seriously. He was someone that didn't talk to me as if I would rip off their head for saying anything ever so slightly out of line.

"He leaves sometimes, but not for very long. And he usually brings the twins," Afton noted as he turned his head back to me. "We're under a slight lockdown, obviously, but we have a little secret area the kings aren't allowed to go into, if you'd like to join us there."