𝐗𝐋𝐈, 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒

THE GUARDS WERE RATHER CHIPPER WHEN THEY CAME BACK TO THE CLOCK TOWER

It wasn't hard to understand why- they'd finally defeated one of the many threats that now plagued their coven. Luna had been particularly happy as she strolled along, giving me a wink as she turned a corner into Caius' office.

Of course, there was still a lockdown, one that wouldn't be lifted until Andrei was ripped apart and burned. I understood that and wanted to stay inside. Heidi had been doing her job in bringing everyone food once a week. I was content where I was, but I did have things that I had to do.

Mainly figuring out what we were doing with the Cullens since they clearly haven't turned Bella. Time was ticking and Caius and Marcus were insisting that I be here for the meeting, since I did know the Cullen Coven personally.

So we were in Aro's office, two days after the guards came home. Like always, the opinions between us differed on what was going on and what we should do.

Caius was sure that they were intentionally not turning Bella as a way to try and prove that the Volturi were tyrants. I wasn't sure that was why they weren't making the move on it. Like, sure, they could be under the assumption that we were all tyrants, but not turning Bella wouldn't prove that. It wouldn't do much of anything except to raise red flags.

Aro took a different approach. He did believe that it was intentional, but he thought that it was because Edward never wanted to turn her. He did have some proof, the memories of Edward could show that he didn't want Bella to ever be a vampire. I would believe him if he thought that.

The last brother, Marcus, was very much denying that this was intentional. He did not agree with his brothers that the Cullens could be so stupid as to intentionally not turn Bella Swan. Assuming that they wanted to keep their heads, Bella had to be turned. It was a more sympathetic approach, I had to admit, and may have given them a bit more leeway than I'd expected.

"We have to manage this before things get worse," Caius insisted. "Our relations with the New World Covens are deteriorating as we speak."

"Nobody is going to back them," Marcus gave his opinion, "Even if you are correct, these children are not intelligent."

"I would believe that if Alice wasn't so closely connected to the Cullens," Aro said. "Her gift gives her the ability to see many futures. I did see some where Bella was human. She may be trying to go along with that."

"That would be in poor taste," Marcus told them all.

"She is their own, they will listen to her and plot against us. Can you not see it?" Caius was sure of his own ideas at this point.

"I know Alice well enough to somewhat agree with you, Caius, but I also agree that Edward doesn't want to turn her. If he did, he would have taken her with his family to New York and pretended she was in college to her family," I said.