𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

MY HEAD BURNED WITH EMBERS THAT COULD SURELY KILL ME IF THEY WERE EXTERNAL AND TRUE

That didn't stop me from staying in with Caius, who was happily snuggling with me, groaning at the growing pain in his temple. He couldn't bother getting up but still changed position plenty of times, rolling over on me.

No complaints came from him, he knew that he was responsible for what he'd done, what neck he'd fed from during the night. The sun was still down when he sighed, slowing his movements down and deciding that the best place to nurse his hangover was on my chest, nose close to my bare breasts.

Caius mumbled something incoherent as I gripped the edge of a pillow, forcing it towards me. My head throbbed and in that moment, the only relief I would get is by having at least one pillow under my head.

Not that it worked, I was never that lucky.

The remembrance of my unlucky nature came forth as the door to Caius' room was swung open. Despite my horrible growing hangover, I rushed to cover myself in the silky green sheets, not wanting one of my new Covenmates to see me topless. None of us were that close yet.

It wasn't one of the Guards who had opened the door to ruin my boyfriend and I's evening together, though, it had been Marcus.

Tall, long-haired, well-mannered Marcus had walked into the room with the angriest look I'd ever seen on him.

"What the fuck!" He was near to yelling, staying in the doorframe to scold his brother. "So that was how you did it, brother?"

The blonde vampire groaned at the noise, grabbing at his head and trying to cover his ears, Marcus' upset too loud for his sensitive ears. His brother must not have liked that, letting out a fuming sigh as he walked towards Caius.

"Did what?" Caius eventually asked, so confused and trying to stop the hangover that came from drinking from such an intoxicated woman. "I didn't do anything you fucking cow."

I didn't know what to do, what to think. What did Marcus think happened? Did he think that we had sex while drunk and stumbling, leaving him to rot? We didn't go the full way, and Marcus was not my date to this event. I wanted to spend more time with Caius, his brother had given me so much attention that I needed to bond with another.

"What kind of person fucks their mate when she's drunk?" Marcus asked, tapping his foot against the ground, holding back bitter words. "Too in love with her body that you couldn't resist for just one night?"

Oh God, it wasn't like that. Through my pain I remembered how it happened, how Caius begged for it, how we promised we wouldn't fuck while drunk.

"It wasn't fucking," I whispered, knowing that my voice would make my pain much worse then it had to be. I grabbed around, feeling exhausted and fuzzy. I wished vampires couldn't feel like this, so human from just a taste of alcohol ridden blood.