𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕, 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄

MY HANDS HELD ONTO THE TIARA THAT ARO HAD GIFTED ME WHEN I WAS STILL HUMAN, WHEN I WAS STILL HIS SUBORDINATE

I'd been holding onto it for the past hour, trying to figure out what I was going to do with it. I'd been told that I was their mate, that they were kings, and that would surely make me a Queen. Never in my life had I been given a primary role. I'd always been someone who worked behind the scenes to make things work properly.

For that reason the tiara felt heavy in my hands and impossible to wear. It was beautiful, I knew that. The gems sparkled and glittered in the light like only the oldest of gems could. Despite that gorgeous tiara fitting my head perfectly, I couldn't bring myself to wear it around.

I was desperate to get out of my room, so I ended up putting down that beautiful tiara and began to roam outside. This hallway specifically was filled to the brim with the entire lower Guard. They all lined up at the walls and around the doorways of each room.

It wasn't suffocating as I may have thought when I was human. The vampires that roamed before were awkward around me, but now a few of them even waved at me. Some I knew were forced to follow me around and began to walk with me as I came down the hallway.

The newest Guard hang out was now inside, despite it being outside previously. Aro had reminded everyone that it wasn't worth the risk and that they were on a tighter lockdown now that the alarm had been turned on once. I just hoped that we'd be able to move back outside once my abuser was put to death. After that, there'd be nothing more to worry about.

Carefully, I slipped inside the empty room turned new Guard hangout, leaving the many lower Guards outside to do their job.

I adored what they'd done with the place in such a short period of time. Vampires were quick when they needed to be, and now lights were strewn all around and little potted plants hung from the ceiling. Likely Corin's doing, she was always posting things on the wall saying that we needed to redecorate the place and make a little green paradise. Now she could have her own place, this little room. My only suggestion that I'd make is to add a few succulents into the mix that could survive the summer heat without depleting the water supply.

It was cozy, just the perfect place for everyone to come inside to. I hadn't realized there were smaller fireplaces throughout the Clocktower, but clearly ones was snuggled into the corner of the room. Plenty of people had left things beside it. Keys and whatnot.

Corin was laying down on top of Luna, which she did often whenever I saw her on the floor. Renata was right next to them, braiding Corin's long blonde hair.

"Don't be so rough with it," the blonde complained as she had her hair tugged on left and right. The cons of having thick hair. "Be gentle with me."