𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐑

JACOB WAS PERHAPS MORE TERRIFIED TO KNOW HIS IMPRINT'S NAME, RATHER THAN THINKING OF HER AS SIMPLY HIS BONDMATE

He'd heard the name Chrissy before when talking to Bella recently. The name had come in a pair: Chrissy and River. He knew who River was, thanks to Bella, and knew that his former crush did not like her one bit, despite having never met her.

Volterra, Chrissy- it was starting to make sense to him. Who else could this be? This was a girl that Carlisle had rescued off the side of the road when he was visiting the Denalis on the edge of the American-Canada border in Alaska. She'd been cold to the touch, apparently, and Carlisle had 'taken pity' on her.

The story he'd been told second hand was one of pity and weakness, something that now made anger fester in the pit of his stomach. This was not weak. His imprint had been taken by a vampire- (God, it had to have been the man in the story, what a freakishly evil being).

Jacob and Leah rescued her, and Jacob could not have been more thankful for that fact. She would have been taken back, what a tragedy. What a horror of life.

He was disgusted just thinking about the things he'd been told, realizing that he shouldn't have been given that information by anyone other than his imprint.

What the Hell was Bella doing by telling him those things? Things that Edward agreed with but didn't really voice that often when it came to Chrissy. Oh, he'd heard everything about River from Bella, how she'd decided to go with the Volturi and work for them. What did Chrissy think about all of that?

What could she even think about it?

He really had to file that complaint when he got back, these Vampires were out of control, clearly.

Chrissy was perched on Leah's back, her being in wolf form now allowed them to run back home and make sure that nothing more was damaged to their imprint other than her psyche.

There was little truly communicated between Leah and Jacob on the way home. They gave each other glances, gave slight nods to their minds as Seth and Embry gave some questions in their little pack mind. Jacob hated that they were connected to that right now rather than trying to see if the imprint mind had gone into effect yet.

Leah felt different when they got back. No longer did she slap him on the back and make an odd comment or two about his friendship with Bella. That all went away.

He felt... connected to her. Not in the way of an imprint, but rather in a way he felt connected to his sisters. A wolf sister.

Or maybe he was looking into things too much. That was always an option for Jacob.

Consistently an option.

He was an over thinker, okay?

The entire pack surrounded them as they reached the beach. Chrissy got off of Leah and instantly hid behind her, clearly not interested in being near strangers. Leah growled at anyone who tried to get near her imprint, making sure that everyone knew that she was hers and nobody was allowed to make her uncomfortable.