𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒

THE WORLD SHIFTED EACH TIME I WALKED DOWN THE CLOCKTOWER'S HALLWAYS

Eventually, the entrances and exists would become familiar. I could soon put myself on autopilot and do what needed to be done, but for now- for now, I gravitated towards the learning experience.

I'd walked out of Caius' room around noon the day after, deciding that finding something productive to do for the day was a must. I'd spent so much time with my new boyfriend at the party that I'd failed to have much contact with anyone else.

The first person that I wished to speak to was Jasper, who was not doing well before the party, but had found his mate. I didn't know this Wren, but if she was able to make one of my best friends happy, I'd do my bets to get to know her too.

They were easy to find, cuddled up and watching an old romance movie from the 40s featuring Marilyn Monroe. Wren giggled as Marilyn bounced on the bed. Jasper tried to stop her from repeating the movement, but it was far too late for that.

"Hello, you two," I greeted. Wren stopped bouncing instantly and smiled at me. "Did you two have fun last night?"

"Lots of fun," Wren answered happily.

"Wren had her first kill and we danced by the back fountain," Jasper said, pulling his mate closer to him.

"We shared."

I was struck by the admission. Jasper was one of the vampires from the Cullen Coven, who swore they wouldn't drink human blood. I didn't expect Jasper to break that tradition so soon after coming. Did he drink from humans when not at home, when traveling? What would Carlisle think of that?

Actually, it isn't Carlisle that would judge. He'd been an honest man with an interest in learning the lives of other people even when I was a human working as an intern in his clinic. Jasper is his child, or acts as his son, that wouldn't change with a bit of human blood in his system.

God, Edward. He'd been against violence as long as I'd known him. Which wasn't that long, I suppose, but long enough to get a grasp on who he is. Nobody in the Volturi had spoken a kind word about him, and I was starting to believe that their opinions had some basis in reality.

Alice... She'd been speaking poor about me, according to Jasper.

His wife.

"Have you told Alice about Wren?" I asked, realizing that we could have another Athenodora and Sulpicia case on our hands. "Or vise versa."

Jasper stayed quiet and at first I assumed the worst, that the lockdown would go on longer with a chance at a vengeful wife coming to take down a mate for the place of lover.

"I sent Alice a text saying that it was over before the party. We've been on a break since I decided to leave for this vacation, but she swore she wouldn't tell anyone. Now I guess everyone will know," Jasper explained. Wren nodded her head.