Special Guest

Year: 1997, July
Y/N's POV

It's been quite some time since I signed with RCA Records. I even recorded a half of my album but I didn't had my debut yet. My manager is still thinkin' about how to introduce me to the public. He says if he introduces me to the public earlier sales for my album will go higher.

It's been really nice here. LA is a really nice city like I thought. The CEO took care of everything. He gave me an apartment, a manager, his assistant buys me clothes that are trendy and everything. He tells me I'll need to pay later though for all these things but I guess that's fair. I'll eventually earn a lot of money, I hope.

I am still visiting the city. I love to explore cause it's really big and I need to know the city a little before I debut. I was walking with his assistant, Melanie, that became my best friend. She is the nicest person and she helps me a lot. Anyways, so I suddenly recieve a call from my manager, James.

"Hello, James?" I said.
"You need to get in the studio, really quick!" he told me. "I need to tell you something that I've decided with the boss."
"Ok, sure. I'll be there as soon as possible." I said and then I hung up and me and Melanie took a taxi.

After, I arrived I ran to the studio and I see him.
"You're finally here!" he told me.
"Are you kidding? I tried to get here as fast as I could." I said while catching my breath.
"Alright, sit down." he told me and obviously I took a sit. "We found a strategy to introduce you to the public." he told me.
"Wow, really? That's amazing." I told him.

"But you might not like it.."
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Well it involves dancing on stage with some guys." he said.
"What guys?" I asked.
"Have you heard of the Backstreet Boys?"
"Well, yeah obviously. They are really popular... and I'll need to dance with them on stage, right?"
"That's right." he said.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N. I know you needed more time to get along with your stage fright-"
"It's fine. I'll do it." I told him.
"Really? Great. Well, you eventually didn't had a choice cause boss already decided this. You know he is really good friends with the CEO of the Jive Records."
"Yeah, it's totally fine. I'll do anything for my dream."

I knew the Backstreet Boys. I wasn't the biggest fan though. I only know their new song 'Everybody' and it sounds great but they are really popular and they might think they're better than everyone else. They aren't. They are just a bunch of teenagers who can sing and dance but they're normal beings like everyone else.

"We've settled that you're going to be a total suprise. Not even the Backstreet Boys will know who their special guest is." James said.
"That's interesting." I said.
"Alright. You'll need to go to practice with their choreographer. She'll come here at 5 PM, now it's 3:30 PM. Even though she will work with both, we made sure she won't ruin the surprise.
"Ok. I'll be ready. Thanks for telling me." and then I went up and left with Melanie.

Then I remembered that Darcie was such a big fan of the Backstreet Boys. He was so in love with this guy, Nick Carter. She eventually made me learn all the members but I still only know this new song. This is getting better than I even imagined. I am currently living my dream and I'm going to give the best payback to Darcie.

Nick's POV

Me and the boys went to prepare our choreography with our choreographer, Spikey for our show coming up next week.

"Hi, guys." she said. "I have something to tell you before we start. Your CEO told me to tell you now"
"Ok. What is it?" AJ said.
"You're gonna have a guest dancing with you on the show." she said.

We were all really shocked at those news and kind of excited.

"Who is it going to be?" Kevin said.
"It's a surprise." she said.
"Do we know this person?" Brian said.
"No, actually it's someone who is going to debut under RCA Records. You know how the boss is really good friends with the owner of the records." she replied.

I kind of didn't had a good vibe of this so I said:
"How are we going to practice then? What if we bump into eachother? What if we don't get along?-"
"Dude, calm down" Howie said. "It's gonna be alright. The boss knows what he's doing."
"Yeah, sure." I said kind of pissed.
"You are going to leave a space for this person to dance with you guys. It's going to be fine. Don't stress. People will love it." Spikey said.
"Ok, ok. Sorry." I said.
Then we started to practice.

^^^
"What's up with you, Nick?" Brian said.
"I don't know, I just don't get a good vibe from this." I replied.
"Do you guys think the guest is a girl or a guy?" Howie asked.
"I think it's a girl." Kevin said.
"Why would it be a girl?" I said. "We don't have any female dancers around us this time so I think it's a guy."
"So that's why you're mad. You don't think it's going to be a girl. If it was a girl you'd blush so badly." Kevin said and the guys laughed.
"Stop it, Kev. I just thought it might be hard to keep up with someone new. I got over it, really. I don't care who it is plus it would only be one show."
"We might become friends with this person."
"If they're cool. You know RCA Records singers are really talented and they might be think they're better then everyone." AJ said.
"Yeah, I guess we're going to see. I hope I just had a bad feeling and it will be fine." I replied.
"By the way, Spikey told us this person is gonna get some of your parts in signing so" Brian said and they laughed.
"What?" I said confused. Now that's why I had a bad feeling.. Hope this person is nice though.