Struggling with paparazzi

Y/N's POV

I wake up in the sofa I was last night where I tried to write some songs with the help of Melanie and James, at the RCA Headquarters. They were both still sleeping.

My stomach was growling so I decided to go to the grocery store to buy me something to eat. I went and applied some lip gloss cause I didn't feel like getting changed or doing my makeup. At this point, who cares I'm just getting some groceries.

I got some money and I exited the door but to my surprise, there were a bunch of paparazzi here. They were really excited cause I was there. Um..me? When I was so pretty they didn't even care cause they didn't knew who I was and I didn't joined Backstreet Boys on stage.

They asked me a bunch of questions and I tried to answer them but there were so many. Uh, I just want to get away from them so I could go buy myself some food, God. I went back inside and I closed the door. What the actual fuck am I supposed to do now? There are paparazzis everywhere..

Suddenly, I recevied a call. It was Nick. I wonder why he called me..

"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi. This might sound a little weird, but I've seen you from the window, since RCA is really close to Jive, trying to get away from the paparazzi. I just want to help you out, if you let me?"
"Oh, um, sure." I said confused.
"Ok, I'll be there as soon as I can. Make sure to go in the back."
"Alright." I said and I hung up.

What does this boy want to do?

I went to the backdoor and I saw him standing there. He gave me a smile. Dang, how did he get here so fast?

"You might wonder how I am here so fast, well when you're a celebrity for a long time you kind of know ways of getting rid of the paparazzi." he told me.
"Oh, that makes sense. Sorry, by the way, I don't look my best now, I just woke and I want to eat." I said kind of frustrated.
"I feel you but you look gorgeous." he said.
"I mean, you look ok." and he looked away. I could see him blush, omg.. "Let's get you to the grocery store."

So, I arrived there and I bought all that I needed and he also helped me with the groceries. Bro, I really did judge him wrong. He is a really nice guy. I feel kinda bad now. But it's just cause I'm insecure and anxious about what happend with Steven. I'm afraid it might happend again.

We arrived back in and we went to the other room cause Melanie and James were still sleeping, Gosh. I started eating like I never did before, wow I was sooo hungry.

"Thank you so much, really. That was so nice of you." I said and I looked at him. He was staring at the doughnuts I had.
"You can get some" I said and I smiled.
"No problem, I know just the way you feel. I'm glad to help!" and he gave me a smile back and he got a doughnut. "So how did the songwriting go?" he asked.
"Not that great, sadly. I literally don't have any inspiration. It really sucks cause I used to write so many songs at once and now I really can't do that." I said that and I sighed.
"I'm sure you will write many songs soon, but sometimes we have days like that." he said.
"How do you know did you write some songs?"
"Oh, um, no but I've tried and it's really hard." he said scratching his back.

I finished eating some stuff and I was so full. I obviously let him eat too, I'm not that selfish. Nick kept on staring at me, he seemed really shy. I don't understand him, really. When we first met, he was really flirting with me and now he is so shy..

"Do you want to hear some songs?" I asked.

He just stared at me: "Mmm.. what?" he said.
"Do you want to hear some of the songs on my album?" I repeated and let out a little laugh.
"Yeah, sure, if you're comfortable doing that."
"Yeah, no problem, follow me." I took his hand and I ran with him  into the studio.

"Ok, so I'm pretty excited. There are some songs I really like so" I said and I played some songs.
"Wow, these are really good. You wrote these?" he said.
"Haha, yeah. I'm glad you like them." I responded.
"The lyrics are so nice and really inspirational, I'm sure people will like it." he smiled looking at me.
"Thanks, I really appreciate it. I mean, that's the songs I really like, but my record label wants me to do other songs that are kinda sexual and I'm not into that type and that's not how I am. I like to send a message in my songs, in my lyrics, you know and it's pretty frustrating how they want me to do those type of songs and I'm just 16. I fear that they won't let me do the songs that I worked hard on." I said and I let out a long sigh.

I don't why I opened up to him but at that moment I felt like he was a nice person and that he would understand me.

"I'm so sorry you feel that way. I made my debut in Germany with the boys and we also kind of had some mature songs and I'm also just 17 but, I guess, girls struggle more in this sexist industry, but you know, if you need any kind of help or just want to talk, I'm here and I'll try my best to help you." he told me and his words really touched me.

At this point I know I was lying to myself that I am just friends with Nick cause I wanted to be more. Y/N, no! I've told you before. Don't get attached. You'll get hurt, but he is so nice to me and I never thought someone can be this nice. I've always experienced people treating me like crap and I'm not really used to this and I just don't know how to act.

"Wow, I really appreciate the fact that you mention the industry being sexist, cause it's pretty true but men don't like to admit it." I said.
"It's really selfish of them and I'm pretty sure you heard rumours about me being a player or stuff, but they aren't true. I would never do that to any girl." he answered and he began looking into my eyes and I feel like I could melt. His eyes are so damn beautiful and I wish I could stare into them forever. I eventually looked away and I said:
"I really hope you're right and my boss will let me use my songs and debut with them."
"Maybe, I'll try to talk to him about it cause my boss is good friends with your boss?" he asked.
"No, don't worry. You've done enough-"
"I insist." and he winked at me.

I laughed and I said:
"Really, the wink?"
"Hey! It was my turn now to wink at you." he also laughed along.

His smile was so pretty, how is this boy that gorgeous? He makes it so hard for me to not fall for him.

"Why are you this nice? C'mon you must want something." I said.
"No, I don't want anything. I've said, I've been in your place and it sucks, but I had the boys around and you really have no one, so I'm here for you." he said.

I really didn't know what to say I just stared at him..

"And, um, do you want to- I mean.. After your debut, do you want to go hang out sometime?" he asked me.
"Oh, how smooth. So, that's why you helped me, you want to take me out?" I said and I laughed.
"No, really, I meant what I said and I really enjoy your company." he said.
"Alright and yeah, I'll be glad for you to take me on a date." I said.
"So, it's a date?" he said and he raised his eyebrows.
"I don't know? Is it?" I asked and then Melanie and James entered the studio. They looked kinda confused.

"I was showing him some songs if you don't mind." I said. "You guys slept too much!"
"We're sorry, but we really need to work." Melanie said.
"Ok, sorry Nick. I didn't show you all the songs yet there is like one more, but the album isn't done, yet." I apologized and I looked at him. It was so hard for me to look at him cause I know I will stare in his eyes for hours, if I could.

"No problem. You're really talented and the songs are really good. I'll see you then." he got up and he waved at me and left.

"What is this all about? Do you know how the boss will react if he knew you liked him and you guys date?" James said.
"Whoa, whoa, hold on. We aren't dating. He just helped me get away from the paparazzi and I offered to show him my songs. He turns out to be a really nice guy and we're developing a friendship." I said.
"Yeah, James. Trust Y/N for once." Melanie said.
"Shut up, Melanie." James said.
"No, you both shut up and let's write some songs. I feel inspired."

Hanging out with Nick was really giving me inspiration. I know I like him A LOT I just need to take things slowly, I'm still anxious that he'll leave me like the rest of them and it'll be how it happend with Steven.

^^^