001

chapter oneback to school

chapter one
back to school

Dylan Valdez didn't think that she would spend the entire summer trying to avoid one of her best friends but the world works in mysterious ways

Dylan Valdez didn't think that she would spend the entire summer trying to avoid one of her best friends but the world works in mysterious ways. Nini Salazar-Roberts had told her boyfriend Ricky Bowen that she loved him and instead of saying it back he asked for a break.

Now Dylan wasn't avoiding Ricky because of the breakup, she understood why he didn't say it back. When your parents, or in Dylan's case her parent, doesn't say i love you to anyone including each other it's hard to love someone yourself.

No, she was avoiding Ricky because she felt guilty. It was her who pushed Nini, her favourite person in the world, to confess her feelings for the Bowen boy. Nini constantly going on about how much she loved her boyfriend was starting to get on Dylan's nerves. So if she was one who pushed Nini to tell him and he broke up with her after she told him then isn't she partly to blame?

Nini didn't think so, hence why right now they were walking down the school hallway, chatting about Nini's theatre camp and new boyfriend she got over the summer.

"Oh, wait, I gotta show you pictures." Nini gushed, pulling her phone out, the girls girls next to her muttering an "okay" in reply.

"Okay, um... Oh, and this was my costume in Act Two." The girl turned her phone so her best friends could see.

"Flawless. Love it." Kourtney stated. Kourtney Greene was the third person in their trio. Kourtney, Nini and Dylan; that's how it's always been and how it will always be.

"Ugh, Nini you're so pretty." Dylan complimented.

"Ooh! Uh, oh, this is the wig that almost
fell off in the middle of my ballad." The girls laughed as they continued to Nini's locker.

"And this." Nini handed Kourtney her phone, Dylan looking over shoulder as Nini opened her locker. This time the photo was of her new boyfriend.

EJ Caswell was a senior, and the captain of the water polo team. Everyone seemed to fawn over him — he was like the schools very own Gaston and Dylan would quite happily be Belle. The girl hated EJ.