005

chapter fivesuspicious people and stolen phones

chapter five
suspicious people and stolen phones

The next day, Carlos had coerced Dylan into spending her free period, that she coincidently shared with him, in the library

The next day, Carlos had coerced Dylan into spending her free period, that she coincidently shared with him, in the library. And so the two were sat next to each other watching choreography on a computer. A grape was thrown at the two, their attention turning to look at Ricky. He waved them over, turning to his behind the bookcase. The two slowly walked towards him and Carlos stared at him with wide eyes.

"If you plan on assaulting me, I have to warn you, my mother plays Bunko with the librarian and we will press charges." Carlos said.

"I just wanna show you something, okay? Check it out." Ricky said before starting to dance. Dylan smiled, glad he was trying, as Carlos clapped.

"You've been practicing. I thought you quit." Carlos said and Ricky shook his head, continuing to dance.

"We scrapped that idea." Dylan told the boy.

"Not doin' that anymore. Still not sure on this last part." When he finished, Carlos shook his head.

"You're doing spirit fingers. I want jazz hands." Ricky nodded, doing jazz hands.

"Jazz hands. Okay."

"Okay. Try it again." Dylan instructed and Ricky nodded, starting again. Dylan watched as Ricky repeated the moves, but this time faster and better. She crossed her arms over her chest and nodded in approval. He finished, ending with jazz hands this time.

"Ricky, that's it." Carlos praised.

Ricky let out a chuckle of amazement. Dylan raised up her hand for a high five, and he happily obliged. She smiled at the boy, proud of his accomplishment, and excited to see him in practice later.

Dylan walked out of the library, making her way down the hallway. Ricky was still with Carlos inside. Both of them were going over the steps one more time so Ricky could go through the routine smoother. Dylan, with promises of seeing them later at rehearsal, left the library to go and grab some stuff from her locker before practicing her dance. She stopped when a voice called her name from behind. She turned to see Kourtney approaching her.