002

chapter twoauditions

chapter two
auditions

Dylan groaned as Nini dragged her down the hallway

Dylan groaned as Nini dragged her down the hallway. It was a known fact for all of Dylan's close friends and family that she hated theatre, absolutely despised it, for reasons she prefers not to talk about. However what Dylan does love is movie musicals, give her any disney channel original movie and she'd be well away, singing and dancing her little heart out. So when it was announced that the new drama teacher was putting on High School Musical as the school's production this term, Nini was adamant that she was going for the lead — and with her Dylan was auditioning too, much to Dylan's dismay.

"Do I have to do this?" She complained, trying to still both her and Nini's movements.

"Yes, okay? You may hate theatre but you live to dance and you can sing and you can play the piano. You would be a perfect Taylor, no, oh you'd be perfect for Kelsi or even Ryan." Nini rambled pulling Dylan along, the girl surprisingly strong.

"But I don't want to." Dylan grumbled.

"I don't care, we are doing this end of discussion." Nini dictated, a sense of finality in her tone as Dylan huffed, allowing her best friend to drag her along.

✿✼:*゚:.:*・゚゚・

The auditions began with a dance number, everyone being out into groups and completing the same choreography. Dylan was at the front, next to a girl she recognised but had never formally met. The two girls danced in sync, executing the moves perfectly and hitting all the right beats with enough enthusiasm that Miss Jenn had an impressed look on her face as she watched them. As they went to hit the last move, Miss Jenn quickly moved Carlos out of the way so he didn't get hit before smiling at the group.

"Everyone, pair up. Not with a friend. Theater is a community." She announced to the group of pupils. Dylan turns to the girl next to her.