016

chapter sixteenopening night

chapter sixteen
opening night

Dylan sat next to Kourtney on Nini's bed

Dylan sat next to Kourtney on Nini's bed. It was opening night and Nini had called her two best friends around to her house. Dylan had put on a pair of leggings and a taylor swift hoodie, knowing that later she would have to change and so didn't need to make much of an effort. She had another outfit in her bag for after the show as she knew that they would go out to celebrate if the show went well.

When the two girls arrived at Nini's house, the brunette had hurried them upstairs, leaving no time for Dylan to have her usual forty five minute gossip session with Nini's mothers, them being the closest thing she had to a maternal figure in her life and so she loved to hang out and speak to them. Once the three friends had gotten into Nini's bedroom, Kourtney and Dylan sat on her bed while Nini rummaged through her drawers before handing Kourtney a dog tag that she was going to give Ricky, asking for the two girl's opinion on it.

"You're not talking." Nini observed.

"We're reading." Kourtney answered.

"Come on, it's not a novel. It's just four words." Nini spoke. "Four little words."

"It's jewellery." Kourtney stated.

"It's a dog tag." Nini corrected.

"But he's going to wear it around his neck. That's jewellery." Kourtney told the girl.

"Silly opening night gift I'm sure Ricky's going to give me something, too." Nini explained before looking at the faces Kourtney and Dylan pulled. "What?"

"I just think it's deep." Kourtney shrugged truthfully.

"Well, it should be. We've come a long way, and Ricky's been, kind of, great lately." Nini explained.

"Well I'm happy everything's working out for you Neens." Dylan smiled as Kourtney's phone dinged. Kourtney picked up her phone before reading the message and standing up, forcing Dylan to do the same.

"Woah."

"Everything okay?" Nini asked.

"Miss Jenn asked if I knew Taylor's lines." Kourtney told them.