008

chapter eightdylan and nini with advice and writing songs

chapter eight
dylan and nini with advice and writing songs

Dylan sat on her bed, her notebook on a lap as she pondered over lyrics she was writing

Dylan sat on her bed, her notebook on a lap as she pondered over lyrics she was writing. She loved writing songs, it was her second favourite way of expressing emotions, her first being dance obviously. Dylan hadn't written in a while, her stopping a few years ago after her mum burned all her song books, successfully putting Dylan of song writing.

"Sometimes I think I'm falling down. I wanna cry, I'm callin' out. For one more try to feel alive." Dylan sang quietly, jotting down the lyric changes. She carried on humming the tune unaware of her father watching her from her doorway.

"It sounds good." Sebastian Valdez suddenly spoke, making Dylan jump slightly.

"God, give a girl a warning next time." Seb laughed, walking into the room and sitting at the end of Dylan's bed.

"I'm glad you're writing again." He smiled, Dylan shrugging in response.

"I had some inspiration." Dylan told him, "This whole high school musical thing is given me the motivation to write again."

"Yeah? Why's that?" Her father asked her, looking over the notebook she had scribbled on.

"I don't know, it's just made me feel..."

"Alive?" He suggested making Dylan nod.

"Yeah, I'm glad Nini forced me into it." Dylan laughed, "After mom I thought I'd never I step into a theatre again, dios no lo quiera. Let alone be part of a production but I'm glad I am because it's incredible."

Sebastian smiled warmly at his daughter, sitting up to pull her into a hug. Dylan grimaced, tensing up.

"Por el amor de dios. Odio los abrazos!" Sebastian laughed at her discomfort.

"You'll love hugs eventually."

"In your dreams." Dylan smiled sarcastically.

"Anyway I'm happy you like that production so much it's good for you." Sebastian informed the teen.