007

chapter sevenbad rehearsals, breakups and parental issues

chapter seven
bad rehearsals, breakups and parental issues

Dylan made her way into the bomb shelter, her hair a mess as it blew behind her

Dylan made her way into the bomb shelter, her hair a mess as it blew behind her. She hadn't put on very sensible shoes, her black heeled boots on her feet making it extremely hard to run through the halls in. She held her bag tightly on her shoulders, her jacket slightly damp from the drizzle outside.

Dylan was running super late, her mum had phoned, drunk and crying about how she was a bad mother and she missed Dylan. It was guilt trip, Camila Sanchez had done it about thousands of times since she left. The whole point of the phone call was to make Dylan feel bad, for Dylan to apologise and beg for her to come back and when she wouldn't a flip would switch inside her mother's mind.

She suddenly changed, going from sad and crying to angry and mentally abusive. Camila would say how she hated her and she was a disappointed, that she was a mistake and the worst kind at that.

"Hey, what have I missed?" Dylan asked Ashlyn, as she stood next to her.

"Well, we're supposed to be blocking today but Natalie lost her emotion support hamster, Nini found out about EJ deleting her voicemail and they had an argument so now they aren't together anymore. Oh and Ricky isn't here yet so EJ has to do the song with Nini." Ashlyn explained.

"Oh wow."

"Yep." Ashlyn nodded.

"Well we told him it was a bad idea, he didn't listen. But go Nini for finally sticking up for herself." Dylan added.

"Yeah, I agree." Ashlyn turned to look at the brunette, "Why are you late anyway?"

"Mum problems." Dylan stated, "I wish all I had to deal with was the consequences of my own actions but unlike Mr Billion Sorrys over there the rest of us having bigger things to deal with than breakups that were entirely our own fault."

Dylan often got like this when she spoke to her mother, snappy, even more sarcastic than usual. It was her way of coping with her mum. If she was judgemental and snappy then maybe it would push people away before they could leave.