Number Two

Emma's P.O.V. Charlie 8

"Hi darling," Harry answers his phone on the second ring.

"Hi, how's it going in the studio?" I ask.

"Good, really good actually. We've got a lot done today."

"That's great. You'll be home soon, right?"

"Yes, about half an hour. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, but could you stop by the store for me on your way home?"

"Of course, baby. What do you need?"

"Pregnancy tests..."

"Preg- what?"

"I don't know, I just have this feeling," I chuckle into the phone.

"Babe, where is this coming from? Did you miss your period?" Harry's voice gets quieter and I can hear him shuffling around, probably to find more privacy.

"Since I've been on this new birth control my period has been super irregular, so I'm not really sure when my last one was."

"Okay, yeah, I'll go get some. Wow."

"Don't get your hopes up, Harry. I could just have really bad baby fever."

"Well, it's not that unlikely. We do have a lot of sex and I don't wear a condom so although you're on birth control, this was bound to happen, you know?"

"Okay," I laugh at his nervous rambling, "You should get back to work. I'll see you in a bit."

"I love you, Emmy."

"I love you too, Harry. Bye."

"Bye, baby."

Ever since I woke up yesterday, I just couldn't shed the feeling that I may be pregnant. I wanted to take a test by myself to surprise Harry if I am pregnant, but I never got a chance to go to the store alone.

Forty-five minutes later, the Range Rover pulls into the driveway and I watch as Harry carries a plastic CVS bag to the door.

"Hi darling, where's Charlie?" is the first thing he says as slips off his shoes with a giant smile plastered on his face.

"I sent her to Hailey's house," I tell him as he nears me for a welcome-home kiss, except he doesn't pull away.

"I really hope you're pregnant or else I'm gonna be pissed that you made me sneak into the pharmacy to get these," Harry mumbles against my lips.

"I hope I am too," I say just as quietly and take the bag from Harry's grasp before running up the stairs and into our bathroom.

Harry chases behind me, both of us laughing and out of breath as he closes the bathroom door behind us.

"What are you waiting for!? Pee on it!" He points to the stick in my hand.

"I'm nervous! What if it comes back negative?" I ask.

"If it comes back negative then I'll just have to make love to you over, and over, and over again until it's positive," Harry smirks.

"And if it's positive?" I cock an eyebrow.

"I'll still make love to you—all night, baby."

"Charlie has to come home eventually!" I exclaim and Harry laughs. "Okay, okay, I'm peeing."

"How long do we wait?" Harry asks when I put the cap back on the fancy test and wash my hands.

"It says five minutes," I look to him and all I see is love and adoration in his eyes.

"I love you so much," he outstretches his arms and pulls me into him as he leans against the counter.

We stand in our embrace, my head on his chest while he leans his on top of mine, for the next five minutes until it's time to find out if I'm pregnant.

"I want to look first," Harry quickly grabs the test and hides it from my view behind his back.

"Okay," I give him the go.

"Really?" He looks at me and I nod.

I watch him closely as he brings the test close to his face so he can analyze it. His brows furrow and then soften, and I get butterflies when I see the smile break out on his face, dimples and all.

"WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!"