Fishing with Hymir

Hymir rowed himself and Thor out into the sea, fighting through the waves that grew larger the farther the boat took them. Once he stopped rowing, Thor seemed displeased. He almost grabbed the oars from Hymir and paddled them out even further, until land was just barely in sight.

The ice giant wanted to protest, but decided against it to avoid looking weak.

In truth he's never been this far from shore. It showed some immense courage to be comfortable to be this far from land and still keep your bearings. He kept himself together though and managed to show off nothing but strong willpower.

He was still one of the most skilled giants when it came to fishing. No reason to get intimidated now.

When Thor was finally satisfied at the depth they have gotten to, Hymir decided it was now time to show off his unmatched skill. He spun the rope attached to the massive hook around his head nine times and threw it into the distance, managing to catch not one, but two entire whales by the lip on that one hook. A true demonstration of unimaginable power that even Asgardians could not muster.

Or perhaps most Asgardians...

Loki found a way to share the vision of this happening with Kitri as they remained safely on shore, using seaguls that circled around overhead for their vision and sound. Although primarily for sight, as the sounds were mostly drowned out by their croons and squawks.

Although the environment was cold, the blanket they sat upon shielded them from the snow below, and they were enjoying the gentle chilly breeze as they sat side by side.

Kitri let out an impressed gasp as she saw Hymir catch these whales. "This is insanity!" She exclaimed in delight. "He looked strong and capable, yet to achieve this?!"

The bodies of the whales were belly to belly as the hook pierced both of the lower parts of their mouthes together. "Some help of magic, perhaps?" Loki observed as the whales seemed to grow suspiciously still just as the hook made contact with their flesh.

"Even still!" Kitri thought. "I know not of Thor's ability in fishing, but there is no chance that he is not rightfully outmatched."

Loki let out a soft "hmm", diverting his attention from the view to move from sitting by Kitri's side to sit behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and placing gentle kisses along her neck after moving her hair out of the way. She let out a soft pleased sigh, squeezing Loki's thighs as she melted back into him, but still did her best to keep an eye on the waters.

Thor had been diligently working on attaching the ox head to his hook, almost insultingly ignoring Hymirs incredible catch. When he did notice it, he gave him a wide smile and a thumbs up, the foreign gesture confusing the ice giant. "Incredible catch, Hymir!" He praised.

Thor then stood, and began to swing his hook around over his head faster and faster. It spun so fast that if it were his hammer he would have shot himself into the sky by now. He then let go, letting it fly into the distance and at the very last moment clinging onto the very end of the long rope that supported it.

Loki almost shook in anticipation. "Come, my son..." He whispered.

Kitri perked up at this, looking backwards at him questioningly but he just pointed, trying to get her to return her attention toward the water. Not even toward the visions he was showing her, but towards the sea. The waves around them seemed to grow, and Hymir gripped the sides of the boat to balance himself, having already secured the end of his rope to the mast.

~Then the gaping Midgard serpent came up. The one that hates the gods and lives in the incircling sea.
Bold Thor pulled bravely to bring that poison slick serpent up on board, and with his hammer he struck a blow on the head of Fenrir's serpent brother.