The Realms

Vali ran through the snowy woods of Jötunheimr until he came upon a large clearing. Once he emerged from the treeline, he transformed from his enourmous gray wolf form back to his blue skinned and fire red haired human look.

Thankfully he learned how to control those transformations perfectly by the time he became a young adult. He still often used his wolf form to get places faster by foot, and his size now very closely resembled his older half bother, Fenrir.

He had grown to be quite handsome as a half Jötun being too, long vibrant wavy red hair that was decorated with thin braids, small runed silver cuffs gripping around some parts of them. He moved his tall frame toward the entrance of this Bifrost in long strides, but hesitated momentarily as he got to the gates that marked the entrance of it.

As the restrictions of Odin's rule were removed, the dwarves of Svartálfaheimr were fairly efficient at learning and recreating the complicated technology of the Bifrost, with the help of the magic knowledge of a single Asgardian light elf named Fulla.

The very one that Kitri had been intimate with in the baths back in the first timeline.

Frigg's previous teachings to her along with the posession of knowledge of the light elf powers was the missing puzzle piece that was put into place as the dwarves constructed the first prototype of a recreation of the bifrost. Although very weak, it appropriately ran between Asgard and Elfheim, finally reuniting the light elf servant with her kind.

Once the light elves could join this effort, they helped improve the design of the bridges, adding strength to the rainbow shimmering glass. The two races were able to create new perfectly comparable Bifrosts that connected between any reams they desired.

This new way of connecting the realms along with the takeover of Midgard and Asgard by the races of the lower realms, made living on each realm completely accessible for everyone.

Any undead from Niflheim could reunite with their families, yet most returned to Hel's domain with time as they gained closure from seeing how their descendants had formed their own families and built their individual success after their passing.

Still, some did remain with their families. Even if their undead look and behavior made the living somewhat uncomfortable, a lot of the families thought it was a small price to pay to get to have them back in their lives.

Hel chose to remain as the ruler of her beloved dead, accepting Sindr's offered help to expand the obsidian walls of her realm to make room for all existing beings, and improve the comfort of the ones already residing there.

After this helpful effort that finally brought full closure to their earlier disputes, Sindr returned to leading the infernal on her realm, avoiding letting the other races build Bifrosts that connected to her realm for safety, while also abolishing the ridiculous rule her father had created for ignoring the success of the female infernal.

This gave equal opportunity for everyone who passed the famed starvation trial after birth to have a chance to eventually grow and potentially take her throne. She promised that if they showed dominance in size, she would to willingly step down to let them lead, yet even after centuries no one could even come close to succeeding.

She also began to create the new generation of the infernal, her teachings making them much more hospitable to otherworldly guests in case they did leave her realm or came upon an intruder in the same way she had when she found Kitri.

Although Midgard was mostly burned and flooded, it seemed there was little remorse for the damage caused by the attack. The ignorance of the humans toward taking action to address the slowly rising coastlines due to the changing climate would have had a similar result to the way it looked now anyhow.

Either way, the few thousands that remained were rescued into Asgard as Midgard fully drowned from the addition of the water melting from the icecaps.

Similarly to Kitri's home realm of Vanaheim, Midgardians united with the surviving Asgardians as a new kind of race in a similar fashion as the Æsir and Vanir had done so long ago. Just with different circumstances of rescue from Ragnarok versus rescue from war.

Vali let out a deep sigh as he looked over the slightly raised blue ridges over his arms, his memories of the effort to hide his true skin with magic now seeming like an odd fever dream.

His deceased brother never seemed put off by his appearance when they were little, so he figured there was no reason that the way he looked would do that to him now. He just hoped he would forgive him for accidentally killing him when Odin made him lose control.

Since the Jötun were finally properly integrated into society, all of them no longer had to hide their skin in the same way Loki and Vali did before. True mutual respect between the new races of Asgardians and the Jötun, some even marrying in the same way they did with the Midgardians.

This was fairly quickly supported from seeing the marriage between the previous king of Vanaheim and Vanir survivor, Njord, who married an unnamed Jötun woman publicly after the war.

It seems they have been in love yet hiding their affections for eachother for a long while before Ragnarok.

Kitri and Loki were no where to be seen, their influence to all of this change unclear with how well they hid and pulled the strings between all realms, occasionally birthing a powerful being into existence and seeing what happens when it matured and starts causing chaos.

Sometimes good, sometimes bad, it's always a coin flip with those two.

Vali finally took a deep breath, filling his chest with some of the surrounding chilly air as he disguised himself in fur coated slim leather armor, and then slowly let it out as he finally summoned a short horned helmet on his head. It was similar to Loki's but, in his opinion, with horns that were not as obnoxiously large.

Show of respect to his parents, yet keeping his own touch to the way he dressed.

He slowly entered though the Bifrost gate and into Niflheim, determined to look for his now much younger non-aging brother in Hel's domain to see if they could reunite and cause some trouble of their own in this new and completely unified and unpredictable universe.

*********************
I can't express how grateful I am for having you guys read through all of this.

Since I seem to act in the pattern of 3s, this is definitely the ultimate ending to this trilogy. (3 of 3s is 9 I guess, just like the number of realms so maybe that has some relation 😌).

I poured so much passion and love into this story, but you also have no idea how much writing it and your support has helped me cope with real life related things.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, and thank you for sticking with me and following Loki and Kitri on this long journey.❣❣❣