Betrayal

After knowing of Odin's mistreatment of Loki's other kin, they mostly kept the kids out of his presence as much as possible.

Yet something terrible happened that brought his wandering eye somewhere where it ideally did not belong.

There was a large feast. One to celebrate the engagement of Thor to Sif, and the Tyr attended this feast, who had returned from his own journey not so long ago. After most of the celebrations concluded Tyr approached Thor, Kitri and Loki having already excused themselves to put the kids to bed before returning to continue celebrating.

Tyr thanked Thor for his restraint to tell his father about the beast he housed, and Thor looked completely taken back, unaware of what Loki had done and promised Tyr related to Fenrir.

"Show me him at once." He commanded and Tyr, confused by his sudden strange reaction still complied, leading him to his residence so he could see the wolf.

Thor paled as he saw the beast, who definitely did not react pleasantly to his arrival. Seemingly more hostile to the real Thor and his unfamiliar scent. Tyr seemed at a loss for words as Thor excused himself and left this large wooden structure.

Once Kitri and Loki returned, they saw Thor by Odin's throne in surprise, eagerly whispering something into his ear and seemingly much more tense.

"He should be with Sif, what is he doing?" Kitri thought wearily as Loki tuned into his head.

Loki began to listen in and his grip on her hand tightened as he heard Thor's thoughts. Thor then made his way back to Sif after their short conversation. "This is horrible... They know about Fenrir."

Kitri winced as she closed her eyes tight and looked away, squeezing Loki's hand back. "What are Odin's thoughts?" She thought to him, before looking back toward Thor and Sif.

"They are hard to make out, since he still is the all powerful Allfather..." Loki thought as he rolled his eyes.. "Yet it does not look good in the slightest from the bits I saw."

They remained at the party, but definitely were a lot more on edge for the rest of the night, retiring early after wishing the couple well.

The following morning both of them woke early and agreed to force their kids to stay in their chambers as a servant watched over them. They went to check on what was going on with Odin, Thor and Fenrir. The kids met this with protest, but they firmly shut this down before leaving.

"Poor servant." Kitri joked as they walked and Loki showed a smile as he shook his head.

"They have become quite gifted at that age. I did not learn my first illusion until I was at least twice their growth..." Loki admitted with praise.

Kitri glanced over at him in admiration. "They do have a grand example for a father..." She was right, because for some reason being in this role just fit for him, even if she often had to be the responsible one that enforced rules while Loki wanted nothing else but to spoil them with all the sweets they desired.

This happiness was short-lived as they found Odins throne room empty and arrived at Tyr's home. There were a couple other gods and goddesses gathered around Odin as he handed Thor a rope that was most definitely impeded with very strong magic.

Tyr just stood by his side as he looked helplessly between Odin, Thor, and finally Loki as he saw them arrive.

He let out a defeated sigh as he leaned into Odin's ear. "I will convince him to cooperate... I do not wish for anyone to get hurt." He whispered before he left them all outside to go talk to the grand wolf.

"Do NOT, and I say DO NOT let these monsters put those restraints on you." Loki thought to Fenrir. He heard a deep sigh as Tyr began to convince him that they only would temporarily put these restraints on him to see if they are strong. To gain the trust of the gods that he is not evil. They will take them off immediately if he complies.

Fenrir was suspicious, especially with his father's warning but decided to go down a route that made everyone happy. "I need assurance." He said to Tyr in that mental hum that shook the eardrums.

"Certainly! Of course, Fenrir!" Tyr pleaded. "My right hand. I shall place it in the grasp of your jaws, and if we are not truthful to this goal, you will have my hand. If I am wrong I will become powerless without my sword hand."

Both Kitri and Loki could tell he was not lying and could sense Fenrir saw this as well. To sacrifice a hand from one of the most powerful and accepted gods of negotiations and warcraft. He would be losing his entire ability to be in battle.

Kitri held onto Loki's arm to stay put as Fenrir agreed, placing Tyr's right hand in his mouth as the other gods tied him up, in a way where Tyr could not slip it out if he tried without Fenrir loosening his massive jaws.

"What a show of trust, perhaps a caregivers love even..." Kitri observed. "Loki, we cannot interfere, I think Tyr knows this as well. I am so sorry..."

As they finished fastening the restraints into metal hoops they hammered into the ground, tears actually began streaming down Tyr's cheeks and into his beard as he chocked back sobs. "You have my sincerest apologies, Fenrir... I had to do what is just by our gods."

Fenrirs eyes somehow seemed to glow even more red as he realized what Tyr had said. He fully closed his jaws and dismembered Tyr's right hand as he yelled at the man who was now rolling around in pain from losing a hand and being dragged out by some of the other gods from his home and away from Fenrir.

"I TRUSTED you!!!" Fenrir roared in a way that was audible to all. "I have told you time and time again I care not for the fall of these gods! I have shown no ill will and THIS is how you treat me?!"

Tyr seemed to be very distressed as some healers wrapped and patched up the stub that was left of his arm outside. He was promised one of the most elegant chambers in Asgard by Odin for his work and incredible sacrifice for what was seemingly lawful.

For Odin at least...

Kitri pulled on Loki's arm she had a hold on, prompting them to leave as tears freely streamed down her face. "We will not take this, but we need a plan. Do not be reckless."

Loki's face was devout of any emotion, even as Odin and Thor passed by him, Thor placing a hand on his shoulder briefly with a conflicted expression before he followed his father.

Loki slowly shook his head as he turned around without a word and took Kitri by her hand back toward their chambers.

Tyr's pained cries and Fenrir's loud howls of betrayal echoed through all of Asgard.

*************
Tyr and Fenrir parts are true to lore.