Lokasenna

Loki had seemingly calmed enough for them to still go to this feast, even as he complained while they were moved there. "The first brew in that cauldron was meant for you..."

Kitri sighed and shook her head as she looked over to him with a half smile, taking a moment to squeeze his hand in reassurance as they made their way into Ægir's foreign halls toward the room where this feast was to be held. Vali and Narfi followed closely behind, excitedly taking to eachother about this new place and the kind of food they wanted to eat once they arrived.

"We knew this would be the first, since that is how we convinced Thor to go. Save the pleasure of me brewing in it for another occasion." She reassured.

Once they arrived, the kids went running off with the other present children. Kitri and Loki comfortably let them go, knowing they must have had a smaller table of all kinds of food right out of the way of the more adult gods and giants.

Once they were seated and Loki actually saw the incredible treatment that Ægir and Tyr were receiving, his jaw tightened and he began drumming his fingers against the table in frustration.

Then to make everything worse, Odin stood to address the gods and thank Ægir specifically while also throwing praise onto Tyr for his recent sacrifice. It seemed Thor had not yet arrived.

Tyr looked a bit uncomfortable at this as he looked down to his bandaged hand and shifted in his seat. That expression turned apologetic as he locked eyes with Loki as everyone else applauded him for his "heroic effort to protect the future of their kind."

"Now this is beyond insulting..." Loki thought as he tried to control his anger. Kitri laid a hand upon his lap, but he could tell from her thoughts that she was doing her best at trying to seem cool and composed as fires of rage burned inside her eyes and soul.

He had finally had enough.

Enough of their hypocrisy. Enough of their lies and seemingly grand acts of falsehood as he was used as a scapegoat for their regrets and fears again and again. Promised the throne while aso being discriminated against for no reason while others of his kind were currently being praised.

And for what? For some feast? He had sacrificed far more during his time on Asgard.

His identity.

His sanity.

His true family.

He was supposed to be the liar, so why was it that he knew so much of the truth but had to keep it hidden?

He suddenly stood, and Kitri's expression darkened as she watched him, thinking quickly to him to be careful.

Kitri had only met very few of the gods that were present but she was always very cautious to whom they might be, especially for such an important feast to both celebrate Ægir and Thor's victory in retrieving the cauldron that housed the ale that all the gods were now drinking. So many of them too...

"Father!" Loki exclaimed confidently, raising his empty tankard. "You have made these rules of hospitality, but here I am, a guest in this home with a dry mouth and an empty cup!" He called out.

Odin looked over to him with some distain at his outburst, but not wanting to seem inhospitable, he nodded toward his much lesser known younger son Bragi to pour him a drink. Bragi instantly complies, but Loki was just getting started.

"A toast!" He exclaims as he receives his filled mug. "To all of you gods! Aside from you, Bragi." He added the last bit more quietly, as he was bitter and already practically shaking from anger, using the fact that Bragi was a son of someone Odin must have seen after Frigg's death as fuel for his irreversibly growing hatred for them all.