CHAPTER THREE

FINGER PAINTING

DAHLIAH

THE NEXT MORNING

I slowly turned over in the bed to see Takoda sleeping soundly while his little hands held tightly to the black silk sheets and my pillow. I smiled while gently petting his long wavy messy black hair. Having someone to hold made me feel less lonely. I would hold him here forever if I could.

Knock knock knock

They gently tapped on the door. Asashi came in and bowed. I sat up respectfully and fixed my head scarf a little.

"It's time to wake up now."

I nodded and coed Takoda's name quietly. He stirred a bit and rolled around until he landed in my lap. I chuckled and he smiled when he saw me.

"Miss, You and Young Sir Takoda should get dressed and make your way downstairs. Sir Koa will arrive shortly."Asashi glanced at his watch,

"You know, you can call me Dahliah if you want. Since I call you Asashi."I suggest while lifting Takoda with me out of bed. He sleepily put his head on my chest.

"No miss. I can not."He bowed before shutting the door. I sighed and looked down at Takoda trying to wake him up a little bit.

"Alrighty Takoda, you wanna go see daddy?"I smiled hopefully and he became energized almost immediately.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! "He cheered and I quickly got us both downstairs since I was really hungry too.

While we waited for his father to arrive I took the time to place my curls in a loose bun with some small strands left on the side and over my forehead. I turned to Takoda and began to play with his hair. I could tell he was enjoying it. As I did this, my mind wandered back to what Asashi had told me right after the flight,

"Sir Koa is the head of the HEBI Group or what some could call a mafia or mob. Though we usually do not. He is the 19th head of the Group and therefore the child you will be taking care of, for now, will be the 20th."

This sweet little boy is gonna grow up to be the head of an organized crime group that runs all of southern Japan. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, but if anything I just hope he doesn't end up like his father. He should stay this playful and not so serious.

"Morning Koda."I jumped slightly because out of nowhere Koa came and gently kissed the top of the boy's head. He looked both of us up and down confused.

"Hi, daddy!"He exclaimed. He grinned and walked around behind the boy and pulled his hair back into a traditional ponytail like his own.

"Daddy!"Takoda whined from his chair.

"What is it, Koda?"He leaned forwards looking at him upside down.

"You forgot to kiss mommy good morning!" My ears became red instantly when Koa glanced at me. I immediately waved my hands up in defense (and embarrassment).

"Y...you don't have to do that," I shook my head. He placed his large hand on the edge of the table in front of me and whispered in my ear.

"We should."He insisted.

"I...I know you don't wanna kiss me Sir." I whispered so Takoda wouldn't hear.

"Are you trying to make my son cry?"He hissed.

"..."I shook my head no. I was still so unsure of his brutish nature. He made me nervous all the time.

Kiss