CHAPTER NINE

MOMMY

ASASHI

SEVEN YEARS EARLIER

"Asashi this is Chante. She'll be staying with us from now on."Sir Koa explained to me. I bowed respectfully and greeted her.

"Welcome, I am Asashi. It is a pleasure to have you in our home ma'am."

"You can call me Chante. It's fine."She smiled brightly. I glanced at Sir Koa and I understood I was to continue to call her ma'am.

ON A LATER DATE

"Hey Asashi?"I swiftly turned around and replied,

"Yes ma'am? Is something wrong?"

"No no, it's just I was wondering if you knew a nearby plant shop. I wanna stop by and get some house plants for our room. I will really detox the oxygen at night."She explained thoroughly with her hands.

"I don't believe Sir Koa would want many plants around the house as well as want you to leave the home."She looked saddened but nodded anyways. I looked around awkwardly and replied,

"But...perhaps we could order some in for you. What would you like?"I pulled out my clipboard and she smiled.

ON A LATER DATE

"Ma'am? What are you wearing?"I asked standing next to Chante at the dinning room table. She was having her usual morning tea.

"My shoes? These are my moccasins. My mother made them for me."She grinned lightly touching them.

"I don't believe those are within Sir Koa's dress code."I looked back up at her but then changed my mind and replied,

"But...tell me about them. You said your mother made them?"She smiled brightly again and asked me to sit with her.

SIX YEARS EARLIER

"Aww. Just look at him, Koa."Sir Koa touched his sons tiny fingers.

"He looks just like you."He smiled brightly."I hope he stays that way forever. Have you finally decided on a name?"

"Yes."She smiled down upon him."We'll call him Takoda. He will be kind and befriend all."

"I love it. Asashi? Is the nursery ready?"Sir Koa asked.

"Yes sir."

ON A LATER DATE

"Asashi, I know Koa offered me this dress and it is beautiful, but I don't know if I can wear this. Perhaps save it for someone with more luxury."She smiled politely pushing the dress back towards me.

"Ma'am...luxury is not items. Luxury is wealth. You have all the wealth in the world. Anyone can see that."

"Thank you. But still, I don't think it suits me very well. You know?"