CHAPTER FOURTEEN

NIGHT LIGHT

KOA

"Mommy? MOMMY!!"From the middle of the floor I looked up when I heard Koda scream and tried my best to make it over to him as fast as possible. Once I got up the steps I picked him up out of my mothers lap.

"Where's mommy, Koda? Huh? Where's mommy?"I asked hastily. He sniffed from his crying and pointed to my father. I growled,

(*In Japanese)

"Where the hell is Dahliah?!"

"How dare speak to your father like that?"He replied.

"Where. Is. Dahliah?"

SCARY AURA

"Does that even matter anymore? Besides what were gonna do with her when he realizes she not even his mom?"

"SHE IS MY MOMMY!"Koda shouted from his place in my neck.

"Look son, if anything you should be thanking me for doing the hard part for you."He sipped his drink. I held onto Koda so I wouldn't do something I regretted.

"Koa! I just saw her going down the elevator with some of father's men!"Kohari shouted pointing from the steps. I narrowed my eyes down at my father.

"I'm only gonna say this once. If it's not business, I don't want you communicating with me, my son, or Dahliah. Do you understand me?"I turned to my mother and told her I loved her very much.

"You don't know what you're talking about."He waved me off.

GLARE

"If something happened to her, I hope you believe in God. He will be the only one to save you from me."With that I followed Kohari's directions and headed for the elevator.

(*In English)

I quickly pressed the button and waited with Koda anxiously as we went down for what felt like took forever.

"She is my mommy, daddy. My dream mommy said she was my new mommy."Koda sniffed and I whipped the tears off his puffy cheeks. I nodded and just coed him. Him being here also calmed me down from the rage I had against my father.

"Is mommy okay, daddy?" I couldn't answer him. I wasn't sure how to because, I don't know.

Ding

The doors slowly opened and it was like time had dramatically slowed down. I whipped my head around looked for her. When I saw her royal blue velvet dress. She was laying sideways on the chair with her legs flung over the arm as well as her head. I quickly ran over and had Koda stand on the floor next to me. He was jumping and crying heavily tapping on her arm.

"Mommy! Mommy!"Koda yelped.

"Please no. Please not again! I can't do this again!"After years, tears had finally filled my eyes again.

"Takoda? Are you alright? Koa? Why are you crying?"I quickly lifted my head and saw Dahliah slowly stir awake and lift her head. I gently dropped to my knees on the cold floor and held her close to me. She gently placed her hands on my back.

"Mommy!"Koda leaped to hold her. I told him to let go and give her some space. I kept my large hands on the arms of the chair and dropped my head down on her knees.

"What are you guys doing down here?"She asked casually as Koda climbed into her chest.

"Do you...fall asleep every time you cry?"I sighed with relief. She chuckled,

"Sometimes."

"What the hell happened?"I asked staying on my knees in front of her.

"Hold on."She slowly stood up and walked over to the window.

"W...what are you doing?"I asked. She soon pulled a small juice box out of now where it seemed.

"Here Koda. I put it by the window, so it should still be cold."She pushed the straw in for Koda and I couldn't help but shake my head and chuckle threw the sheer heart attack she just gave me.

"I went to get Takoda's drink, but I bumped into your brother."

"And let me guess. He introduced you to Kohari."I sighed and ran my hand over my face.

"She asked me to go drinking with them but I told them I was here with you two. And I didn't wanna go."

"I can't believe her sometimes."I hissed. She stroked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"It's okay, I guess she just wanted to make sure I was having a good time."I rolled my eyes,

"Yeah, whatever."This time she sighed and said softly,

"...You're father he—."

"No, I don't care what he has to say about you, or anyone else for that matter. It's all the same stuff. You're not made for this environment, you're not made for this business."He mocked.

"..."

"And, he's right because...you're made for me. And that's all that matters. So,"I let my head fall into her lap again. I whispered,

"Please don't ever leave me like that again. Please."

"Look who's the crybaby now."She chuckled.

"Daddy's a crybaby! Daddy's a crybaby!"Koda giggled. I smiled at the two most important people in my life and sighed with content and relief that they were both here.

"Sorry you didn't get to dance with you're cousins at the event, Koda."Dahliah smiled sadly.

"We can dance right here."I suggested and with a surprised facial expression she held my hand and I guided her, along with Koda, out to the middle of the lobby. We slowly danced around together.

TO BE CONTINUED...