CHAPTER FIVE

BABY BLUE

DAHLIAH

"Done mommy! Look!"I lifted my head from my own artwork.

Takoda and I had been finger painting and doing origami again in his personal art room. It was the afternoon and he had just finished his studies for the day.

"I love it Koda."

"Let me see yours mommy!"He rushed to see it and ended up splashing paint on his black button up.

"Oh no, here let's clean this up real quick."He lifted his short arms and I pulled him up. We headed for our room to get him a new shirt.

I slide open the closet door to find the row of all black. I sighed just looking at it. It was obvious that Takoda loved color. I mean, it was all over his artwork.

"Hmph. Let's go get Asashi."I quickly walked over to the door. I saw him standing at the end of the hallway with his usual clipboard and phone.

"Asashi, can you come her please?"I called and he swiftly headed for us.

"Miss? Is something wrong?"

"Well, I sort of. It's just that. Takoda is six Asashi. He can't just wear black and dress clothes all the time. He loves putting color into his painting. So, what I'm saying is, maybe can you ask Koa if I can go out and get just a few things. I think I still have some cash in my old clothes if you all still have them."I suggested. Asashi picked up his phone and texted his boss. Soon enough he got a notification.

"Sir Koa has ordered the uniform remain this way."Asashi politely explained pushing up his glasses.

"W...well, I don't care. I don't care if all your men come with us. We are gonna get us comfortable clothes. And if Koa doesn't like it then he can kick me out."I said with confidence. Asashi looked at me then Takoda running around.

"I suppose...if Sir Koa doesn't know then maybe—."

"Yes!"I smiled with enthusiasm and grabbed Takoda a new shirt so we could leave. Asashi stopped us at the door.

"Wait, Miss. If...you really don't want Sir Koa to find out, then you should order them online. Sir Koa has eyes everywhere."He looked around awkwardly and pushed up his glasses.

"Here, use this. And this is the card number. Spend as much as you like."

LATER ON

The clothing was brought in from the stores in Japan and soon all bags were placed in our room. I glanced at Asashi as he watched all the bags come in. I could tell he was worried. I strolled up to him and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry Asashi. If Koa makes a big deal out of it, just tell him it was all me."He didn't say anything and just left after bowing respectfully. I was, after all, just a guest in Koa's eyes and I diffidently didn't wanna get anyone in trouble.

I decided to dress Takoda and I in a cute oversized white and blue printed sweatsuit. We were matching, but Takoda looked way cuter than me obviously.